We really enjoyed our four-day stay at Changes in Latitudes. It completely met -- and in many cases, exceeded -- our expectations. Our room was clean, comfortable and a welcome retreat from the day’s activities. Having read previous reviews, we knew it would be small, but the bed was very comfortable, the a/c was perfect (a MUST for my husband), the ceiling fan was a nice touch for air circulation, and there was even a handy mini fridge great for water and snack storage. The bathroom was equally tiny, but clean, and there was plenty of hot water.
To me, however, what helps to make a stay memorable are the intangibles -- the things that help make a trip feel more like a vacation, with some of the comforts of home. Terri, the manager, and her great staff, did just that. For example, I was expecting an important business call, but my cell phone wasn’t working. I asked Terri what my options were. She lent me a local cell phone for the duration of our stay, free of charge (I did add extra minutes to the phone as a courtesy for her kindness). We had a delicious breakfast every day -- cheese omelettes, blueberry pancakes, huevos rancheros -- all served with fresh fruit and fresh-squeezed juice. When we were concerned our snorkeling tour might have forgotten us, Terri called and confirmed he was just running a bit late. One of the highlights of our stay was taking the beach cruiser bikes for a day of exploring the island. Again, Terri got us situated, explained where to go and was there to welcome us when we got back. Terri also recommended El Fogon for dinner on our last night -- AMAZING! and invited us to the Miss Belize Carnivale contest at the high school -- a great local experience we’d never have known about otherwise.
Changes is in a great part of town --- far enough south to be away from the bar scene, but a close (five-minute walk) to amazing food, groceries and the bank. We also loved the proximity to the water, and spent an entire afternoon lounging on the end of the dock. The other guests we met and chatted with were also great. Would definitely stay at Changes again!
Notes: We were in Room #2 (the yellow room). It faces the courtyard (which helps cut down on the traffic noise) and the queen bed is super comfy but due to the size of the room, one side is pressed against the wall. The sheer and short curtains on the windows do little to block out light or provide privacy, so as others have mentioned, bring eye shades and earplugs if you’re extra sensitive. The gym was under renovation while we were there so we didn't get to use it, or the pool -- check first before you go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Changes In Latitudes once only a small B&B has expanded!! Extending the same award winning service & reputation of the B&B to all our rooms. An excellent cooked breakfast is provided each am. Never having the same breakfast twice; one day local foods, the next sweet. Late afternoon guests gather under the flower-covered pagoda to sip drinks and swap snorkeling, diving and fishing tales. The place is hugely popular, so it's well worth your while to book as far in advance as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Changes In Latitudes Hotel San Pedro
- Changes In Latitudes b&b
- Changes In Latitudes Bed And Breakfast Belize/San Pedro