“Excellent hospitality!”

Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for an affordable non resort accommodation I would highly recommend this for couples or a small group. The rooms are small but have he basics of what you need. We barely noticed that there was no tv - it was great to help us really just enjoy our time there. Daily tasty breakfast prepared, clean rooms and great service. They were helpful in acclimating to the surrounding area by providing suggestions, directing us to services near by and helping to book taxis or excursions. There is no private beach here but we were able to take a short walk and found some chairs to sit in (just bought a beer from the bar). The only downfall to the location is that it backs up to a street which was a bit noisy so my earplugs came in handy at night. I was still able to relax in the hammock with my book without much distraction though. Use of bikes is included in your stay which is great too. I would definitely go back!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Karri B

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was impressed that Peggy, the owner touched base with me via telephone before arrival. And, we continued to converse via email which was paramount. Her contact helped to finalize travel from Belize to San Pedro. We opted to take water taxi versus additional plane ride. However schedule was not complete ( no fault of hers; water taxi's website was not updated). No surprises in pricing though or taxi over to water terminal. It does take 1.5 hours to reach San Pedro. Taxi is comfortable but is packed with locals. Once reaching San Pedro by water or sea the cab ride to CIL is 5-10 minutes. Check in was smooth and we were given a cell phone to reach Darlaney, Peggy, doctor or police in case of questions or emergency for entire stay. I never used and community was safe. Room #1 was adequate for 2 maximum. Beware ceiling fan is too low and close to top bunk. Beware fan will strike flesh. There is warning on step to bunk but key word "NO" is missing. AC works very well. Breakfast is different, satisfying and creative daily. Pool is nearby and requires a pass although we never were required to produce a pass. Many nearby places and restaurants are within walking distances. Beach is close but not useful for sunbathing or swimming. Best beach area is ~ 1 mile north near bridge. Peggy also helped to set up excursions. We went fishing for red snapper 40-50 and garnered 3 lobsters. Our catch was grilled on a small isolated beach island except for a friendly pelican who loved raw fish skin and bones. The left over filleted fish was taken to Robin's Kitchen, Jamaican cuisine for dinner. They jerked and grilled fish for free ! I would rate this place less but Darlaney, Darlaney Jr. and Peggy provide exceptional customer service making it hard to give a lower rating.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank clsmd
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed with Peggy in July 2014 as a female solo traveler (29 y/o) and felt completely safe and cared for. And had the pleasure of two delicious breakfasts while there (banana pancakes and huevos rancheros!) I chose San Pedro as the jumping off point for doing my Advanced Diver Certification and wanted a place just out of the hustle and bustle of the main dock/town but close enough walk and near the beach. This B&B was about a 10-15 minute walk into the main drag, though Peggy was kind enough to drop me off at the dive center when I was running late. The room felt very much like staying at a friend's guest room in a nice beach house. The WiFi was a bit spotty, but this was true all over the island and not unique to Changes in Latitude. Overall great experience and would recommend it to fellow travelers - solo or couples.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 5 nights at Changes in Latitudes as part of our honeymoon and were extremely pleased. The location was great, Terry and the staff were so welcoming, accommodating, and helpful. They make you feel like part of the family! Our room was very adequate, clean and cool. Breakfast was always delicious! Terry also helped us set up several excursions that we thoroughly enjoyed and felt were a good value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JillyJill2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Hands down, it's the staff that make a stay at Changes in Latitude an excellent place to stay. Terri, the manager and Darlaney, the housekeeper and chef extraordinaire, offer great attention to detail and friendly service.

The breakfast changes daily and was delicious each of our four days. Terri is an accomplished ambassador for her homeland, and will book excellent tours as well as offer advice on a range of dining experiences outside if the B&B's morning offering.

The building is charming, especially the Toucan's Nest, the upstairs suite that slept four friends in separate beds comfortably. It is also well equipped - drinking water, beers, sunscreen, aloe, bug repellent, fully stocked kitchen (upstairs suite only).

I was surprised by the traffic noise, however, across all of San Pedro. While it isn't specific to Changes in Latitudes, the constant din takes away from the island's charm and leaves me having to rate the experience a 4 instead of a 5.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Like the other reviewers have said, staying at Changes in Latitudes is like staying at a friend's house that makes an amazingly delicious and lively breakfast every morning. Terri was incredibly helpful and friendly, always ready with a suggestion for where I should have lunch, what fun things I could do, and she patiently answered all the questions I had (a lot!). The location was great, since I was able to walk to every place I wanted to go. The liquor store, produce stand and grocery store across the street all give discounts to CIL guests. There's nothing fancy or pretentious about CIL, which was great for me. The room was small, but big enough for me. The bed was comfortable and the open shelving provided was great for storing my stuff. CIL has relationships with various companies that are reputable and provide good tours, and you can pay one bill at the end of your stay. I did the Hol Chan / Shark Ray Alley with Belize Diving adventures (they are right out the CIL back gate), and the Zoo/Cave Tubing with SEArious Adventures and both were highlights of my visit to San Pedro. I'd definitely recommend CIL to all my friends! Thanks for a great week!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We just returned and I want to go back! Terry made our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. From helping us with excursions, to making sure we got our way around in town. AND having a wonderful breakfast to get our day started every day. I was even suppied a needle and thread for my swimsuit when it had a torn seam. The linens and towels were fresh and they even provided beach towels. I am so glad we made the decision to stay at this wonderful B & B. Really felt like home.

Room Tip: All rooms small but great A/C and queen beds. Lots of shelves for your things. Refrigerator really...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple