We stayed at this Hotel last week of March 2012. We had primarily booked it because it had a pool and most of the little hotels along the beach dont have a pool. The location was great because it was close enough to the center of town that we could easily walk to everything. We did not rent a golf cart, which is the main transportation on the island. We walked a lot, a couple of miles each day, just checking the whole island out.
The room at the hotel was large and clean and but modestly furnished. There was no table and chair to sit at and only a very small closet. I left my suitcase on the floor with most of my clothes in it for the duration of the stay. The maid service was daily. We could not get much on the TV, mostly kids channels. We did not spend much time in the room anyway.
Wi-Fi was spotty. Walls were very thin. Often woke up thinking someone was in the room walking around. There is a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was small with no space for toiletries.
The pool was nice to have as it gets very hot there. Cold, Clean and Refreshing. I saw it being cleaned several times while I was there. Lounge chairs were scarce and could be updated. The pool bar was never open. The closest bar is Wayo's only 3 minutes away.
The family were very friendly and accomodating. We lost our room key on one of our days out and when we got back they sent out to get a copy cut. It was done within half an hour.
Rooms are on three levels. We were on the third floor. The view was great. The stairs going up are narrow, you have to be careful at night after a few drinks!
Lots of little restaurants to try out. We tried to go somewhere different for each meal. For a special dinner, walk or take a taxi (golfcart) to Ramones at the other end of San Pedro, past the airport. Lobster was out of season everywhere but they apparently pay for a special license. We had an assortment of steak, shrimp and lobster which we cooked on a hot rock at our table. The meal was for two and cost $54. The lobster was huge and delicious. A bottle of wine cost us 30 BZ$ ($15US). This was the same price that all the liquor stores sold it for. Wine generally sells for an average of $30 - 40 BZ$ on the island. Local Rum and Liquor is cheap but other liquor is at least twice what we pay here.
Currency is 2BZ$ to $1 US.
We did not dive but we heard from other guests how wonderful Patojo is. Apparently the most experienced guy on the island.
We paid $65 per night and feel the value was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro