We stayed @ the Tides Beach Resort in October & for most of the trip we were the only ones there. We got a terrific deal on a lodging/dive package, that was half of what most places wanted just for lodging! We had a room on the 3rd floor which provided an amazing view of the turquoise water & a full moon at night. Our room was very large with hardwood floors, a very comfortable king-sized bed, small refrigerator, cable tv, clean bathroom. The pool was one of the biggest on the beach & had a nice large deck with lots of chairs for sunning. the best thing about the place is the the dive shop is directly across the beach, could not be any more convenient for diving.! Patojo is one of the most experience Dive Masters on the Island & knows every dive site intimately! He is thorough & patient & strives to make sure that you completely enjoy your dive experience. Alex takes care of everything for you ,even down to helping you in & out of your gear, & cleaning & storing it in the dive shop after you're through for the day.
the Tides is a family-run hotel & Patojo's beautiful daughters & wife are always avaialable for anything you need, & always with a smile or a pleasant greeting.
We will definitely stay @ the Tides again if/when we go back to San Pedro!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro