This was a pretty good hotel. It was really close to the beach, and my kids really loved to splash in the ocean. We originally booked this hotel, because we wanted something on the water, where we didn't have to walk a long way to go to the beach. The ocean was very nice. Just in front of the property is the beach road. The noise from this road wasn't bad, since it is foot traffic and golf carts, and it is not paved, just on the sand. Many people use gold carts to get around the town, and I would recommend getting one if you want to go about the rest of the town- you can take golf carts on the roads of the city also.
Alex, the dive master at the on site dive shop was really nice and personable. My kids forgot their goggles, and he let them use a mask for a few hours for free. When I asked how much to rent for the next 3-4 days while we were there, he said it was $5. Really reasonable.
The pool was smallish, but clean and very well maintained. The water was a good temperature, and it was nice. One of the people who worked there-I can't remember his name, but he was super nice and helpful. He would talk to us, gave great recommendations about places to eat, and sat and talked with me in the afternoons. He even took us to the water taxi for free, and was very helpful with our luggage.
The poolside bar was still under construction, but that was no bother, since there are a lot of places to buy alcohol, and there is a fridge in every room. The rooms were comfortable and clean, but housekeeping only came by every other day to sweep the sand out,and empty garbage, and change the towels. They also didn't have swim towels, and would not give us any extra for our snorkeling trip.
Other than that. The air conditioning worked well, no problems. The television had cable, and the wireless internet was fast enough to be able to watch a movie on netflix. The fridge was cold enough, and did not have any odor like some other places I've stayed. There was also a little construction, but the noise wasn't bad.
If you are going to purchase a golf cart, I would recommend that you do it online when you book the room, and not when you get there, as I was quoted a price of $50/day online, and it was more than $70 for 8 hours if you do it in person.
It was a great place, and you can not beat the $100/night price for being right on the beach, but don't expect it to be a 5 star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro