“Hilly Boo Boo”

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hilly Boo Boo”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My friend and I booked Capt Hilly Boo and Freedom Tours prior to going to San Pedro and specifically requested a 1/2 day of flats fishing for Tarpon. Instead, some random guy Hilly Boo sent on his behalf showed up at our dock without the right gear, bait or boat for Tarpon fishing and said he could only take us reef fishing. If we wanted to go reef fishing we would have booked a reef fishing tour. My advise would be to find a different fishing charter other than Freedom Tours and Capt. Hilly Boo Boo. To be fair however, the fellow that took us out was a nice enough guy, and we did catch a few snapper that he cleaned for us. We also stopped and snorkelled at mexico rocks, which was a bonus.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank alguirek

New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent Fishing and guide”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Capt HillyBoo was perfect for my fishing trip. He was fun, a real pro and was absolutely determined to catch fish. If a spot wasn't biting, we left it and went to another. I caught 5 varieties of fish and had enough to eat for my entire trip.
I love fishing but was out practice and he was wonderful in showing me everything again. He took pictures of me with my catch and cleaned everything for me at the end of the trip.
I did a half day reef fishing and it's a great way to spend the time out on that amazingly beautiful water.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank flyingchefkj
Spring Branch, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Have done two trips with Cpt Hillyboo.

Half-day reef fishing was good. Caught lots of red & black snapper and, of course, those pesky grunts. Also did some trolling for barracuda, small but plentiful. Not my best day fishing but not my worst by a far cry. Plenty of fish to eat during our Belize stay.

After waiting out a few days of inclement weather, we did a full day BBQ trip. Absolutely fantastic! Big red snappers, MANY mackerel (Loads of FUN) and a few black snappers. So many mackerel that we finally fished ourselves out of bait! SOOOO much fun!!! Next we went on to catch some lobsters for lunch. Fast little farts but the experience was great. Hillyboo put together a great lunch - I didn't realize I was so hungry. Finally did some snorkeling at Hol Chan reef to end it.

Cpt Hillyboo & his son Byron were fantastic guides and always on the spot! Will definitely be going out with them again. But first we need to cook up a mess load of fish, again, for dinner!!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Dennis P
Cullman, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good Fishing Guide -Flat Personality”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Spent a day fishing with Capt. Hillyboo. He did try hard to put us on the fish, but it was just a slow day which happens from time to time. My problem was he wasn't friendly at all. Hardly talked except for what was necessary, and if asked a question tended to be demeaning to the client. We tried to have a little conversation to make things a little more pleasant, but he wasn't interested at all. Probably won't hire him again, even though he knows what he's doing fishing wise. It was just a little too uncomfortable being afraid to ask him a question, and riding around in silence all day. Just seemed anxious to get us off his boat, and get back home.

Visited October 2012