“Amazing outing with amazing guys!”

Belize Pro Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 79 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Authorized 5 Star PADI Dive Resort located on San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America. We strive in providing the best experience possible when planning activities for the entire family, whether snorkeling, diving or even learning to dive for the first time! With a full staff of certified PADI SCUBA Instructors and Dive Masters, we are dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable and relaxing experiences. With a full range of boats and new equipment, we can handle any of your in water needs. Safe, Professional and Reliable, we are committed to providing an experience like no other. At Belize Pro Dive Center, you will come as guests and leave as family! Join us on your next trip to Belize and turn your bubble making dreams into reality!
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Bernie and Chris picked us up right on time from Matachica Resort and Spa. There were seven of us including my handicapped mother and her husband. We have snorkeled in several countries but Belize tops them all and Hol Chan? What can I say, it was like snorkeling in the most amazing aquarium I've ever seen! Every fish I've ever dreamed of, so beautiful. And Chris and Bernie were up for the task. Right away Bernie saw that my mother and step-father would not be able to keep up with the rest of us so he threw in a life preserver and had them hold on while he swam and they held on and just enjoyed the ride. I could kiss him for it. They enjoyed the fish as much as we did while not having to do the heavy duty swimming it would take to keep up with the current. Meanwhile Chris swam ahead of the rest of our group and showed us the green turtles, the loggerhead turtles, the eels, the wonderful coral, the gorgeous fish. My oh my it was terrific. Then when we were done there we took the boat to shark and stingray alley and in the water we went again. Ever swim with sharks and stingrays? I have! Thanks to Bernie and Chris! They fed the sharks chum to get them to come to the surface and then amazingly, gently took their fins, pulled them to themselves, turned them UPSIDE DOWN and let us pet their bellies. Not kidding. The sharks lay their like puppies, perfectly still while we pet them. Chris then swam down to the bottom and got a stingray, put it on top of his head and swam to the surface and let us touch them! Amazing, just simply amazing. I can't say enough about this tour.

1  Thank crumbledcupmosaics
"blue hole"
in 53 reviews
"fish"
in 70 reviews
"advanced open water certification"
in 9 reviews
in 16 reviews
"getting certified"
"great instructor"
in 7 reviews
"hol chan marine reserve"
in 22 reviews
"every morning"
"padi certified"

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was our second time our with these guys. We were able to negotiate a good deal for the entire day, $320 US plus park fees.

Bernie picked us up right on time. We travelled back to the main shop to pick up our gear and pay the park fees. Then off we went.

Hol Chan, the conch cemetery, shark ray alley, key caulker, the manatees, a spot to conch shell dive, a cruise around the backside of the island, a final snorkel stop near our hotel then home. Amazing.

Bernie is the fish whisperer. He is very knowledgeable and will find you turtles, moray eels, live starfish and anything else. The shark love him. They swim up and hang out. The rays come up for hugs too. It's a little crazy, but our tour guide kicked the other guys...which is why strangers started hanging around.

If you dive or just snorkel, these guys are the best. Talk to Junior and he will make sure you get a deal you are comfortable with...then ask for Bernie as your guide.

Thanks guys! See you next time

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We started planning our trip to Belize back in January.
The big attraction for me was the Blue Hole (no pun intended) and I needed my Advanced certification to reach the 130' depth of the stalactites there.
Emeliano, the owner of Belize Pro Dive, made this as painless as possible, and knowing the dates we'd be flying, handled all the arrangements for my certification dives (and made it very simple for me to access the online training required before I arrived).
Pedro was my instructor and did an excellent job. He covered everything in detail, made certain it was all understood, and made certain all went according to plan when we were in the water.
In addition, he took the time to find out why I like to dive, and went out of his way to make sure I saw and photographed as many reef inhabitants as he could find.
Something people need to recognize on the reefs is that it isn't just the big flamboyant creatures that make it so fascinating. Sharks and turtles are great to see, but there are some small creatures that are just as interesting.
Pedro coaxed an arrow crab out of its hole in the coral, and pointed out a Flamingo Tongue snail as well. These are small creatures (the arrow crab is about the size of my fist but looks like a bundle of sticks, and the Flamingo Tongue is not much more than an inch long) but beautiful fascinating ones, and I'd have never spotted them on my own.
My wife snorkels, and Pedro arranged for two of the certification dives to be done in the same trip so my wife could accompany us and snorkel while I completed my training. This made the trip much more pleasant that we didn't have to spend another whole day by ourselves. A small thing that made a big difference.
My wife was accompanied on her snorkeling dives by Rolando. She felt he did an exceptional job, and really enjoyed the beauty of the reefs.
On my last dive, Ian was the guide, and he was every bit as professional as Pedro. Like Pedro, Ian knew that I was interested in underwater photography of marine life and made every effort to make sure I didn't miss anything.
On each and every trip, the guides made certain they covered all the important safety issues, told us exactly what we'd be doing, where we'd be going, and what they needed from the divers to make the dive a safe and successful venture. Not every dive company does this!
Another very important thing I want to mention - ALL of the people with this company make you feel like you're among friends. For example, rather than sitting in silence on the dock while we were waiting on a boat, Chris took the time to give me a crash course in the history of Belize.
Knowing I'd dived the Blue Hole before my last dive with Belize Pro Divers, several guides asked me how the dive went.
Emeliano made the arrangements for me to go with another company to see the Blue Hole, and arranged one last dive the next day. He was very careful to check my flight time before scheduling these dives.
I did six dives with this group and my wife did three. When we come back to Belize, we'll dive with them again.
This company and its people are first rate all the way, and truly stand out as exceptional. We highly recommend them if you're diving on Belize!

1  Thank mccourt49
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Victor was amazing helping my friend and I book our snorkeling trip. And Beth and Tony made the experience memorable! Would definitely recommend booking your snorkel or diving trip with these guys!