“Snorkel, Fish and Bar-B-Q (With Luis)”

Belize Pro Dive Center
Ranked #3 of 77 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Authorized 5 Star PADI Dive Resort located on San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America. We strive in providing the best experience possible when planning activities for the entire family, whether snorkeling, diving or even learning to dive for the first time! With a full staff of certified PADI SCUBA Instructors and Dive Masters, we are dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable and relaxing experiences. With a full range of boats and new equipment, we can handle any of your in water needs. Safe, Professional and Reliable, we are committed to providing an experience like no other. At Belize Pro Dive Center, you will come as guests and leave as family! Join us on your next trip to Belize and turn your bubble making dreams into reality!
Orange Park, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Snorkel, Fish and Bar-B-Q (With Luis)”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I scheduled a half day private tour to Mexico Rocks and a full day fish, snorkel and beach bar-b-q also with Luis.

First, Mexico Rocks was very cool. Lots of fish and a no pressure laid back first day of snorkeling. Can't say enough good things about Luis. While everyone at Belize Pro Divers is professional and friendly, Luis was a perfect fit for us. He is patient, laid back, informative, a great cook and always has a smile on his face.

Our second day was the beach bar-b-q. We started by catching some bait and then heading out to some areas where we could snorkel and fish simultaneously as my wife is not much for fishing. This is not serious fishing. Just some basic bottom rigs on light tackle catching small Grunt, Red Snapper, Yellowtail Snapper and Schoolmaster among others. In addition to fishing, I did a little snorkeling and picked up a conch for lunch as well. Luis cleaned all of the fish and conch on the boat and prepped the other ingredients he brought for lunch. I won't get into too much detail but my wife and I love food and the bar-b-q was our best meal while in San Pedro and we had some great food.

We enjoyed Luis so much as our guide we ended up scheduling a half day with him at Hol Chan as well.

Can't say enough good things about Belize Pro Divers and Luis. You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank David N

USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling trip ever!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had an amazing time snorkeling at Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley! Our guide was Luis and I would really recommend going with him. He is very informative and helpful. We saw so many different types of fish, coral, turtles, stingrays, sharks and more! Thank you for our amazing trip!

Visited June 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Ever Snorkeling”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Luis with Belize Pro Divers was excellent! This was my first experience ever snorkeling. I was a little nervous at first but between him and my cousin, I became addicted very quickly. The attention and care he took with our whole party was fantastic. Thank you Luis for making this trip unforgettable! And for introducing me to roasted coconut!

Cordova, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Dive Instructor & Snorkel/Dive combo is a must”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had one dive left to get my Open Water certificate. I tried to do this in Bonaire but the instructor was brash and impatient. Beth at Pro Dive was professional, relaxed an fun. I had no problems completing my OW dive and Beth celebrated with me. The entire staff was professional and courteous. My boyfriend no longer dives but loves to snorkel. Pro dive offers a snorkel/dive package. My boyfriend got to do 2 snorkels and I did 1 dive/one snorkel. Great for couples who want to go on excursions together but have slightly different interests. We rode bikes from the north side of the bridge all the way to the south side of the island to get there and many people aren't sure of where they are located (behind Banyon Bay Resort) but it was well worth the ride to get there.

New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent snorkel trip/picnic!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We picked Belize Pro Dive for our private snorkel charter based on their amazing Trip Advisor reviews -- and once again, Trip Advisor knows best! Our guide Luis was prompt, extremely friendly, knowledgeable -- and made the boat trip a highlight of our vacation. There was a little mix up at the beginning (fishing trip vs snorkeling trip) -- but Luis took care of it all so smoothly it wasn't a problem at all. Our picnic lunch, which they provided, was delicious. Definitely worth the extra money for a private boat -- a wonderful way to relax and enjoy time with a small group of friends.