“Cannot wait to return!”

Belizean Shores Resort
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Our recent trip to Belize was absolutely wonderful! Belizean Shores is a wonderful resort! The staff is nothing short of excellent! When we arrived via water taxi, Marianne was waiting with Rum Punches for everyone!! She told us all about the resort and things we could do. She showed us to our lovely room. We never had to deal with our luggage as it was brought to our room by the staff. The pool was wonderful, quiet and peaceful. The staff at Tuff E Nuff were great also. We had a wonderful time on our excursions. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone going to San Pedro Island. I know in the future when we return to the island, we will be staying at Belizean Shores Resort again. It's amazing how everyone went above and beyond to help you in any way possible to make your stay more enjoyable. We miss Marianne tremendously as she became our friend on the trip!

Room Tip: If you want to be inches from the water, ask for a "sea front room". Although all rooms ar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aims55
There are newer reviews for Belizean Shores Resort

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The Belizean Shores was a great place to stay. We had a group of 3 couples go down in January. The staff was great, the rooms were very clean, food and cocktails were perfect. It was an easy walk or bike ride to town or you could take the water taxi that was like $25 for a week. Be sure and wear a scarf if you have long hair.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank robynrobinson
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a vacation to Belize. We first stayed at the Lamanai Outpost Lodge, in Orange Walk, which we would highly recommend also, before heading to Ambergris and our stay at Belizian Shores.
We had an amazing stay at Belizian Shores. We were immediately impressed with the helpfulness and sincerity of the staff there, which is definitely modeled by Marianne, the Guest Services Manager.
We stayed in a second building back from the beach and had a gorgeous view of the ocean. Our one bedroom was spacious enough to comfortably accommodate our belongings including our dive gear and the two rental bikes we rented in town for the week of our stay.
Our stay at BS was made comfortable by the kind and attentive staff. We were surprised with a festive anniversary floral display in our room which included champagne and drink certificates for the Blue Hole pool bar. Additionally noteworthy was the repair of my husbands bike tire by one of the kind gardening staff!
We enjoyed adventuring to Caye Caulker, exploring some of the Mayan sites at Marcos Gonsalez on the southern portion of the island (bring serious bug spray!) riding our bikes in the rain and sun, using the kayaks to snorkel, and diving with Amigos del Mar. The night dive with Carlitos and the snorkel at Hol Chan with Edgar, were amazing and not to be forgotten!
We loved our trips to town for meals such as at Elvies, in addition to a beautiful moonlit evening walk along the beach to Capricorn for a delicious dinner. We additionally enjoyed several meals at the restaurant at BS in particular a delicious lobster dish. We found the food to be tasty and healthful as well.It also was fun to find beautiful fruits and vegetables at various markets or stalls in San Pedro to enjoy back at our place.
Many thanks to Marianne, for her friendly, courteous professionalism and to the staff at Belizian Shores for helping to make us feel so welcomed and comfortable.

We enjoyed some quite tasty and healthful meals at the restaurant at BS, particularly a delicious lobster dish.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I'm very amazed & surprised by the highly rated reviews given on this place..I'm just going to assume it's because those recent reviewers had nothing else to compare this resort to as where I have the advantage of saying I stayed at both this place and Coco Beach next door in the same week. I'm so thankful that I switched to Coco Beach on the end of my trip because I would have been so depressed had it been the other way around! I feel I got such an upgrade!
First let me say that I didn't have a bad experience at Belizean at all...we are a family that travel quite A LOT! We are in our late 30's with two children (ages 8 & 10). We've stayed in timeshares, condos, 5-star hotels & budget hotels. With that said, here is my honest opinion or comparison of both Belizan Shores & Coco Beach. BS is more older, (tiled bathrooms, smaller beds, no tv in bedroom, bathrooms need significant updating). CB is high end, classy, modern decor, comfortable couch, bathrooms are beautiful!). Truthfully, no comparison!
People were really nice at both places. Pool is also nice at both but absoulutely hands down GORGEOUS at CB (even fun for kids & adults!)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Ms_Opinionated
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The staff here was incredible - very knowledgeable and super nice! The location is great if you want to be up north, as Tuff E Nuff is right there outside the resort. I highly recommend the coconut mojito at the pool bar =) Also, Coco Beach is great as well and sister properties so you can use their pool, etc. Great resort!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank pteck
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The location, value, employees, rooms, view, landscape and food all receive a 10 from me. We scheduled a last minute wedding and it was so beautiful. I highly recommend Belizean Shores. San Pedro is a friendly town. Water taxi was timely and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank texasx1
Reviewed 29 July 2012

First stay at Belizean Shores and well worth staying here. Very friendly staff and always available when we needed anything. I read a few negative reviews about this place and those people must have been crazy. We really enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family