Our family, part of a larger group, had a great stay at Belizean Shores.
The water taxi from San Pedro is convenient. Make sure, though, that your luggage makes it from the airport all the way to the boat - some of our group's luggage was left curbside by the taxi about 100 feet from the boat. The arrival process is nice, with a guest services representative taking you directly to your room. Once you have had a chance to relax and unwind from your travels, you can then go to the front desk to complete the check-in process.
The rooms are all spacious suites, with a full kitchen (well-stocked), dining area, and living room. The upper units also have a loft with bedding (varies by unit). Housekeeping was fantastic - the rooms were spotless! Divers would probably do better with an upper unit as their dive gear can be hung-up to dry without the risk of walking off. Laid out in a horseshoe shape around the pool with all units facing the Caribbean, all of the units have a great view. The pool is fantastic with a swim-up bar. A limited menu can be ordered poolside.
The only drawback of Belizean Shores is the restaurant. The food is good, but the structure itself seems to be an after-thought, set-back behind the accommodations on the third floor of a building. So not only are the views poor, two flights of steps are required to get to it - not ideal for anyone with any form of disability. The food is relatively expensive with everything having to be transported in from the mainland. Each unit does have a kitchen, but don't be surprised by the high prices in the grocery stores. Talk to the locals to find out where they go for groceries. Golf carts are available for rent. It is about a 20 minute drive by golf cart down the main road to town. Lots of restaurants are along the road going into town.
The service is outstanding with very friendly staff members. They memorize your names and greet you by name each time they see you. Visit the bar or restaurant enough, and there's no need to order - they know what you want and how you like it.
A wide variety of activities are available from swimming to scuba diving, with paddle boats, sea kayaks, and jet skis also available. The front desk will arrange for spa services either in your room or on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro