After landing at San Pedro airport then we were driven around the corner by a taxi to the dock where we took the boat taxi to the resort. The ride in the taxi was so short we could have walked it easily, but that just shows the great customer service awaiting us at Belizean Shores resort.
We arrived at the resort dock and waiting for us was a cold rum punch. The staff took our luggage to the suite. The suites were spacious and comfortable. The beds were by far some of the best I have ever slept in. The staff was accommodating and pleasant. The pool is beautiful and was never busy. Even though the pool wasn't busy they kept the swim up bar open. The resort is far from town though but that’s what we like (you don’t have all the traffic and noise, just peace and quite). Take the boat taxi in or rent a golf cart which is fun and a bit of an adventure. We loved ours stay at Belizean Shores and we will return.
Water Taxi - Water taxi's only run every hour and fifteen minutes. Its last run from town back to resort at 10:30pm. Get the 5 day water taxi pass which gives you unlimited journeys to and from town for about $30 US per person. This was definitely preferable to the golf cart; much of the road from San Pedro town to Belizean Shores is potholed sand/dirt track and can be a bit of a challenge! It takes about 30 minutes by Gulf cart, and 10 minutes by boat. You can take a golf cart from the property but only during daylight (not recommended when dark).
Groceries there are 2 stores within walking distance. Captain Morgan's is within 8 minutes’ walk south of the resort and has some basic food and liquor - but not much else. The other grocery is north but is much farther. It took approx. 20 minutes to walk and didn't have much more than the closer store. The best grocery store is new and located at the south end of the airport, prices a bit higher but it is clean and has proper refrigeration for the fresh milk, meats, etc. Burrito Man - rode his bike to our beach every morning at 8 with fresh burritos, tamales and fry jacks. For $2.50 each, we'd stock up for lunch with these.
Produce boat - stops by on Tuesdays.
Restaurants –The restaurant at Belizean Shores has just been turned around and it’s one of the best spots to eat. There are other restaurants very close to the resort - 2-5 minutes’ walk. All were good.
Rooms - each room has a hair dryer and comes with coffee and a jug of water that you can refill for free all vacation long. You are allowed to bring your own beverages to the pool as long as they're not in glass containers, so that can cut down a lot on your bill if you mix your own drinks in your room.
Bikes - One day we rented bikes and rode along the ocean...this is worth doing and inexpensive. The bikes are cruisers with only one gear but a very nice ride on the beach
I highly recommend the coconut mojito at the pool bar or a Dirty Banana at the pool bar.
Customs – When you land in Belize City buy something from the duty free shop before you go through customs. Note, if you buy from the duty free store, you go through a special line on the left for those who purchased. We jumped ahead of about 50 people this way. So buy anything and it’s well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro