We were married on the property on March 21; and the day came together relatively seamlessly. Some communication difficulties existed between Canada and Belize during the planning stages during the preceding several months; but the day itself was perfect! The chief wedding planner, Melany Alongi, and the wedding accomodations coordinator, Paula Chun, were professional and thorough- we thank you kindly! Marianne, the guest manager, was warm and perfect for her job! I would recommend this property to a bride wanting a hands-free wedding planning experience! The ladies the resort recommended for various other wedding-related appointments (seamstress, manicurist, pedicurist, and hair and make-up stylist) were all A grade.
The apartments were starting to show their age a bit in the humid washrooms, but were still beautiful and comfortable (air con!) nonetheless. The amount of furniture and kitchenware was adequate.
Housekeeping did a very good job of re-making up the apartments on a daily basis. It was difficult to predict when exactly they would come during the day though. Please remember to tip them :)
The AWESOME thing about the pool is that it doesn't have designated off-hours! The pool is super fun, with many interesting features (built-in seating, fountains, shape, etc.). It gradually becomes deeper from one end to the other, with the deep end (with swim-up bar) named after the country's famous diving hole. The hot tub was relaxing and a great place to soak in the evenings.
We also figured out that you didn't have to necessarily buy drinks at the pool bar to hang out there. We made mixed drinks from the pitchers supplied in our apartments and carried them down to the pool deck :) The same goes for hanging out at the sister property next door, Coco Beach- so bring your pitcher if you don't mind some light strange looks from the swankier guests :)
The wi-fi was of inconsistent strength from area to area, room to room, and even within the same room. A trick my brother discovered toward the latter part of the week was that all the resort phones were VOIP- so, you can plug the phone's ethernet cable into a laptop for fast, wired internet. We even laughed that one could bring their own wireless router!
A strong negative:
An annoying, rude experience was being falsely accused by the bar owner and/or manager, Tania, of being responsible for a late-night break-in of the pool bar and hot tub area the night of our wedding. The wedding partyers were not on site at the time; and she stated the security guard on duty could identify those responsible as being with our group. She also stated she had eyewitness testimony and video surveillance. The witness she spoke of turned out to be one of our wedding guests, who confirmed that another party was at the hot tub during those early morning hours, not ours. She also stated the security guard had chased the hot tub partyers to suite 1C of the property, one associated with the wedding. 1C was rented by my sister and her boyfriend- not harbourers of break-and-enterers. Had we not assertively stated we were not responsible, I believe she would have pressed the issue further- at which point, I would have liked to see the video evidence produced. I was deeply irritated by the lack of due diligence fact-finding performed before bogus accusations were thrown at the NEWLYWEDS the day after their wedding.
The independent tour partner company, Tuff E Nuff, is located right on their dock, and provided a fishing excursion to my husband and his crew on the wedding day- it was very good. However, for snorkeling, it is slightly less costly, with more stops (three vs. two) using Babar from Amigos del Mar, located downtown. We had a group of ten; and he really took care of us, safety and good-time wise :)
Though the second-last paragraph may have painted things in a negative light, please understand that it was a DELIGHT overall staying at this resort; and I would wholeheartedly recommend it! My hope is that someone at the resort reads these words and takes them as points to improve and grow upon. I hope as a holidayer, you can take away a couple pointers. Cheers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro