We were looking for a spot with that right combination of quiet with good access to dining and activities - and this was an excellent option. A little older property (1998?) that has been well taken care of, and the daily caretaking of the grounds and pool was awesome. Located just far enough from San Pedro to not see any crowds, but with easy access via the Tuff E Nuff water taxi (albeit a schedule that could add a couple more runs each day).
With a more limited visitor group (and several owners visiting as well) there was never a problem finding a nice chair at the pool or on the beach. The office (penny and the gang) or the activities desk was very helpful in making sure you got the help you needed. And there were plenty of dining options within easy walking distance up or down the beach (even a Casino at Capt Morgans 1/4 mile away).
Only comments would be they need better lighting in the kitchen (funny watching people cook with a headlight on), and a bigger container for replenishing drinking water (available from a faucet using purified rain water on-site, so that was great as it was free instead of buying bottled).
One comment about Ambergris Cay in general - don't be surprised at the cost of food - either at the stores or restaurants. About 150-200% of what we are used to back home. A couple of local places in town (like Waraguma's with huge portions) was a good choice.
For activities, the all-day catamaran trip to snorkel and lunch in Cay caulker via Seaduced by Belize was a very relaxing day and recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro