“Another great week on Ambergris Caye at Belizean Shores resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belizean Shores Resort

Belizean Shores Resort
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
“Another great week on Ambergris Caye at Belizean Shores resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was our second year in a row to stay at Belizean Shores resort. Some of the staff have changed, but the same great service and clean rooms are still there. It is the perfect place to decompress from city life, but still close enough to San Pedro to keep things from getting boring. We dove and relaxed this year and it couldn't have been better, unless someone else had payed!!! A water taxi can take you anywhere you want to go and it's just a short plane trip to the mainland for day trips inland. Just back a day and already planning to go back next year!!! There is fancier and there is more expensive, but there is no better place to stay than Belizean Shores!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter due to new construction starting at 8 am'ish on the south si...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I cannot say enough great things about the staff and the way they treat you like family. As before I asked for and got my usual room 11c with beach front view and breeze. Sure there’s the construction next store but if you still in bed or you room at 800am or all day for that matter then something’s wrong. I can attest the tours are not only inexpensive but well thought out and fun. The resort has two great bars, wonderful pool, bikes and golf carts to rent. I will agree the swim up bar that needs to stay open a little longer but it's no big deal and along with Magic Mike makes it all happen there with his great refreshing drinks. A MUST TRY is “Mikes Dirty Barrel Rum” drink, Milk Shake!!!!! I have met the owner several times and he always checking to see how your stay is, and is are very accommodating. Penney who is everywhere doing everything at all times is a the best in guest host I’ve ever met. She knows how to keep her vacationers happy and enjoy their time at the resort. I’m happy to say even thou I went during Spring break there was none of the foolishness going on both on the property or in town. The weather was the best yet and I’m ready for my next visit the Shores. Belize it or not this place is the best of the best for your money. Enjoy!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Inside pool area, 11c has the best views and sea breezes. Also has been recently upgraded.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here during part of our honeymoon and we enjoyed the resort very much. The location was a bit far from town, which made it a little inconvenient if you planned to spend much time in town. The staff was very friendly and the pool was great. The swim-up bar was a nice touch and we even rented golf carts, which was a lot of fun...until my wife drove! Lol. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Our only complaint was that there were quite a few ants and other uninvited bugs that shared our room during our stay. Also the bed was rather small; it looked like a full size as opposed to a queen or king. Other than that, our stay was very relaxing and we would definitely recommend the Belizean Shores!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Belizean resort. The location is great, the pool is pretty nice, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There are also some decent dining options within walking distance. Compared to the other hotels in the area, this resort is also a pretty good deal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isil D
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband took me to Belize for my "50" birthday. We went with several other friends. I loved It. The staff was so nice. They greeted us by name every time they saw us. My husband mentioned that we were celebrating my birthday, we found that evening on our bed a very pleasant note and bottle of wine( it was very yummy). The pool drinks were fabulous. I will be going back, maybe take ours kids with us. The room was great.
I highly recommend getting the water taxi pass. They will pretty much drop you anywhere.
And you have to go to Palapa's Bar and Grill. It is worth the treck, good food EXCELLENT drinks and staff. Great guys

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Greenfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week and loved it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We used their scuba diving services which were great. We also rented a golf cart which was a lot of fun. The only negative of the location is that it isn't very close to downtown if you want to spend a lot of time there. You have to wait for a water taxi. However, if you're looking to spend most of your time on the beach or pool, it's a great spot. There are also plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Guests are also able to use the amenities at Cocoa Beach next door which has a huge pool and more restaurant options. Overall, we were extremely happy with Belizean Shores.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Kaiyt
New Hamburg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wow is all I can say about how you are treated at this resort! All the staff were amazing! (Except for one pool bartender (Not Mike) who charged us 9 dollars US for VIRGIN DRINKS!) We were greeted at the dock by 2 staff with drinks... shown to our room immediately... The room was perfect! (For us!) I wanted unobstructed sea view and boy I got that!! I would LOVE to have stayed longer!! 3 nights was not enough!! Unfortunately the waters were too rough for snorkeling while we were there... so a return visit MUST happen!
Downsides (which make this not a 5 star for me) There is construction going on at a private residence on the one side of the Resort and there is a large construction of a new sister resort on the other... so banging is heard from 8-5 ish... (I tuned it out, lol) Although there is a "beach" it has a lot of sea grass... so swimming is off dock.. they have a water trampoline which could be fun if I could have got on it! lol The restaurant onsite is on the 3rd level of the office building. A lot of stairs... However,,, They will send anything to your room. I plan on returning to this island and most likely to this resort in a couple years!! We loved it.

ps... it is not in town... but we liked that!

Room Tip: We were in building 1 room c. We loved it!
1 Thank Suzanne L