The people will stand out as a highlight on this vacation. No matter where we went, everyone smiled and was kind and helpful. A distinct difference from Cancun.
From this resort to town is a beautiful 20 minute bike ride along the shoreline. Lizards and birds and lush scenery the whole way. Get a bike with a basket and you can shop in town. Stop anywhere along the way for food or drink. Tuff e nuff tour company is right on their dock and very helpful and friendly. They can set you up with any excursion you can think of.
The only drawback for me is that there is so much boat traffic along that shoreline that snorkeling or swimming is not encouraged unless you take a kayak out to the reef area (but not beyond) only a couple hundred yards. The trade winds (albeit warm) were relentless day and night (30mph)which made the water very choppy and uninviting. Check on those because they last for weeks.
The recommendations in the room brochure are accurate. Our favorite restaurant by far is the "O". A ten minute walk north in Las Terrezas resort. Affordable fine dining! In town have lunch at El Fagon for sure, straight up from the main dock three blocks and to the left.
In all, Ambergris Caye is a pleasant island. Being somewhat of a naturalist, I'm concerned with the massive attempt to line the shores with one resort on top of another. This can't be good for the delicate environment. It's an island. Where does all the #~@! Go? After diving, I can see the reef is suffering. There has to be a balance between the pursuit of $$$$ and the preservation of the reef that protects the very island people want to visit.
Next time I want to go fly fishing for Tarpon around the island..
And don't go wandering in the mangrove swamps on the west side, there are lots of crocodiles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro