Beautiful, well-maintained property with a professional, courteous staff. A nice restaurant with good food is on-site and plenty of recreational activities are available. The ocean is 50 yards from your suite. Minor complaints include low water pressure in showers and a strong smell to the tap water. The resort solves the latter problem with an on-property purified well for drinking water. One big warning- if you are thinking about taking the San Pedro Express water taxi from Belize City, think twice. It is just what it says, a giant taxi. It is a 1.5 hour voyage in a large boat packed to the gills with tourists and locals. Hot, crowded and LONG. It is more expensive, but check into a flight from the mainland airport to San Pedro. Also, if you do go by water taxi, be aware that once the San Pedro Express sells all the tickets for a scheduled run, there is no backup boat dispatched. They leave you stranded for up to 1.5 hours until the next boat leaves. Even though we arrived at the docks 15 minutes prior to departure, we almost missed getting on our boat and would have missed our flight back to the US- not a good feeling. We had to plead to get on the boat. Arrive at the docks 30 minutes or more prior to departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro