The rooms were very clean and the staff friendly. I have never been treated this well before at any resort. While it is fairly common for the people of Belize to be very proud of their paradise and have a genuine love for sharing it with guests the staff and the Belizean Shores are a shining example of such hospitality.
Belizean shores was very low key and relaxed. The resort was completely booked and it was dead from 8:00pm - 10:00am which was perfect for our romantic getaway. We felt like the entire resort was ours.
After a long days outing it truly felt like we were coming home when we hit the docks at the Belizean shores.
I did knock the rooms down a peg or two because the wicker living room furniture was far from comfortable. While I would say that you don't come to Belize to sit in your room and watch TV there are some days (like a full day diving or venturing to Lamani or Tikal) that you just want a soft couch to crash on.
I also knocked service one peg because the internet connection was sub par. It is $35.00 for the entire week and I had consistent problems authenticating and creating a connection. After connecting I could not reliably use more than one page at a time and certain pages, especially ASP timed out because of latency. This made banking an issue. I have worked on computer networks for almost 10 years now and I can count out my own equipment or expertise being the cause.
I however did not have any problems with the restaurant. It is cost effective and well cooked basic food which is exactly what you need as a staple if you are not cooking for yourself.
Overall though the Belizean shores is a top notch establishment. I would definately stay there again on a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro