See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Overall, I recommend this resort. It is right on the beach (although, the beach is not conducive to swimming). There is a dive shop right next to the resort, which is very convenient.

Be aware that the air conditioning unit only services the bedroom and on hot days/nights, it gets very uncomfortable in the loft and in the front room.

There are also no hairdryers in the rooms.

The food onsite (at the bar and at the Melt) is terrible, bland and greasy. However, when we were there, the free breakfast vouchers we received through our Groupon were valid at George's Kitchen and the food and service there were great!

I would visit again if I were going scuba diving (and I would bring a hairdryer on my next trip).

Also, our friends in the next room had hooks on the porch for drying their scuba gear and we did not. So, really it's a hit or a miss with the amenities that come with the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank reviewerNK
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We needed a budget hotel to offset our inland splurge. It is conveniently located close to town on a lovely beach that is kept very clean by the awesome staff. We wanted a golf cart for a day to explore and Rhonda at the front desk had a beautiful cart delivered in minutes. Scuba reservations? Dinner reservations? All taken care of for us. The kitchette was very handy for breakfast items and other things that needed a refrigerater. We did not cook, but the microwave was nice to have also. The rooms are all right on the beach. The units need a bit of TLC but as there is a teardown/renovation in the future plans upkeep is kept at a minimum. Nonetheless the staff and location made up for the conditions. I did enjoy the real thatched roof!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mmmtahoe
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Location is everything!!! Our room was steps to the beach!!! The pool onsite is small, basically a wading pool, but there is one to use about a block away. We never used it because we liked to be on the beach. The staff were so friendly, and we really enjoyed our stay. The room nothing fancy very simple and basic, but has everything you need (a bed, bathroom, AND kitchen). Plus who stays inside when you have such a beautiful front yard! The room had a separate bedroom and bathroom with a living room and kitchen with fridge, microwave, stove, etc. This was convenient for saving a little money on cocktails! Just visit the store around the corner. But Ali was our favorite bartender at the hotel bar! We also ordered pizza from across the street and we were not disappointed (and we could save the leftovers in the fridge)! George and Maria are a super sweet couple who own George's Kitchen down the road, and he even cooked our freshly caught fish! Delicious! Town was a short walk to shops, restaurants, etc. The friendliness of the local people we met and the amazing food from fresh seafood to pizza will definitely bring us back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 38KC
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Highly recommend, and WILL be back! The staff is outstanding, and I mean outstanding! The beach is beautiful, and clean. Rooms were very clean, and able to accommodate various sized groups. My kids loved the beach, and sitting in the hammocks. Also, close enough to town, but not so close to be overwhelmed my all the golf cart traffic.

Room Tip: 1A has the best beach/ocean view, hands down and is the farthest away from the noise of the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Blondeontherun13
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Exotic Caye.

Upon arrival, staff helped us carry our luggage to our room. They gave us a tour of the resort, complete with Crazy Canuck's Bar and a nice pool with a seaside view.

The room was very clean and felt just like home! Our room was less than $50 per night, and included a small living area, dining table, and a kitchen with a stove and fridge. Great for long stays when you don't want to eat out every night! I would recommend going to the local grocery store rather than the one down the street, it is much cheaper!!

The location of the resort was on one of the prettiest parts of the beach. Clean with swaying palm trees and calm waters! Very peaceful, and we even had a great view of the beach from our room.

The staff was very friendly and assisted us with all questions. They offer bike rentals, golf cart rentals, and they will also set up a variety of activities for you at an affordable price.

I would definitely stay here again! What an amazing place :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple