“Excellent value and location”

Exotic Caye Beach Resort
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Springfield, Missouri
“Excellent value and location”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for a week and were pleased with our choice. The location is great. Right on the beach and within walking distance of town. The 2 restaurants on site had very good food and were reasonable priced. The unit has a kitchen, so we saved $ by buying some of our food at the grocery store across the street. The unit was clean although somewhat weathered which you should expect from a beach-side bungalow. The AC worked great. The staff was very pleasant. I thought it was a great value and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rowdy75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I got married on the beach at this resort for our destination wedding in April! They were so helpful in all the preparation before we arrived. We enjoyed our stay very much. The bedroom stayed cool and the bed was comfy. The food was great also. I would recommend to everyone! I got this on Groupon and wasn't disappointed. To me the room is just somewhere that I sleep when I go on vacation so amenities and fluffy extras were not needed. We had a cute balcony that overlooked the ocean. This trip was unforgettable something I will remember for the rest of my life. Thank you Exotic Caye Beach Resort!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. :)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annie W
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were well kept as opposed to some of the reviews I have read. So convenient to everything and right on the white sand beach. The staff was pleasant and the maids did an excellent job and were accommodating to when they cleaned so as not to disturb our day. The Management was absolutely responsive to our every concern and comfort. I would not hesitate to stay again and had a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2A and 2B first floor. Excellent choice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank antiqueron1
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked 3 nights here with my husband May 9-12 this year and was 100% satisfied with our stay. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. We arrived a bit early and Brenda, in the office, was nice enough to give us a brief tour of the site and information about where to go around town. All the huts face the ocean, so whichever one you get assigned you get a good view. There is one hut by the bar, so the only problem would be the noise, but even at the hut farthest from the bar (which we stayed at ) we could still hear so that's just something you'll have to deal with. We were so tired by the end of the day that the noise didn't even bother us. They speak of remodeling this hotel but I loved the classic island feel to it. It's definitely not a 4-star resort but it's quite the hotel that has character to it. Yes the buildings are older. It's close enough to the tropic air airport and the water taxi. It's about half a mile, easy walk. You can walk along the beach from the taxi port to the hotel front. There is a golf cart rental across the street that we went to for 2 days out of our stay. Also a market for groceries -- rooms have fridges and ovens and silverware. VERY convenient!!! But they are very clean. I can't express how happy we were to book this place and we talk about coming back to Belize -- and so if and when we do, I would definitely book this place again.

To the staff at exotic caye -- thank you so much for your hospitality. I've only been home one day and want to go back!

Room Tip: All buildings you will hear the noise from the bar. Buildings 1 and 2 are "farthest" away...
7 Thank gabrielle l
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Smaller resort with everything you need to relax and have a good time in San Pedro. Very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing beach! 2 restaurants and a bar on site and the location on San Pedro can't be beat. It does not have a huge pool but I never needed the pool during my stay! I really liked that smaller aspect of this resort, I enjoyed my stay here more than I have a larger resort with fancy pools. Not to mention the value! Such a great price for a place to stay in beautiful Belize! So glad my husband made me come here!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank JRCJtravels
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great location, close to Bars, restaurants, grocery stores and dive shops. A nice walk to downtown.
Generally quiet, but can get a bit loud during the weekend.
Helpful and friendly staff. the rooms were clean. Only issue was the stove, which wasn't working.
The foods were delicious and the bar by the beach is a great place to hang out.
The pool is very small and the beach is only good for tanning and hanging out. cant really swim because of the sea grass. but there is like a 10-15min walk to nice beach.
Overall its a chill place to stay, you cant go wrong with it

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We extensively read these reviews and this really helped to know what we were getting and ask for the right room..We stayed in 3C, 2nd floor this past week for 7 days..

-Lovely beach setting overlooking palm trees and ocean
-Staff was very nice, friendly, attentive, responsive and do a great job with what they have to work with keeping the room clean and responding to things you need..
-great patio with great breeze the week were there
-5 minute walk to San Pedro and very close to super market
-internet worked fine but not in the bedroom
-excellent new AC in the bedroom with remote control not in the window
-Good food at The Melt..kind of expensive but we were on the Groupon where we got 30$/day to spend at the restaurants
-The Spice is expensive, food was ok..you are better off finding restaurants in town unless you get daily groupon stipends you need to use
-pitted bathroom faucets, patched walls, cracked floor tile, rust in the tub and elsewhere
-kitchen had everything advertised
-recommend getting room in building 1,2 or 3 away from the bar, 2nd floor..read other reviews about other rooms..
-Monday night there was a loud Reggae band that the whole island could hear..played till 11:45pm..otherwise bar noise was not too bad..bring earplugs
-Golf cart tour of island was really fun..see Abdul at Mermaid Supermarket a block away for $45 rental for 24 hours..good to shop there too
-keep in mind, the main room area is covered by a thatch roof so there will be bugs and a friendly gecko..bedroom has a regular ceiling
-Two full day catamaran snorkeling trips with SEAduced company..Excellent fun! ask Manuel to take you to the deep part of Hol Chan if currents permit
-One 1/2 day trip snorkeling with Belize Pro Divers..Excellent!..Emiliano Rivero is very nice and runs a professional operation
-the reef wall at Hol Chan in the channel is excellent snorkeling!(I'm a diver but didn't dive this trip so I've seen some great reef)
-Wild Mango restaurant in San Pedro..fantastic drinks and Buffalo Chicken wrap
-My Secret Deli-where the locals go..excellent local food and cheap..
-Estels-great beach bar..
-ask locals where to go..they are very friendly and helpful
-Fantastic massage on the beach $40 for an hour part of Holiday Hotel
-Maya and Tropic air..very organized operations..leave lots of time coming back to Belize City to go through customs and immigrations before your flight to the states..
-Caye Caulker, nice walk if you turn left when you get off the boat..
-There is a lot of grass and murk close to shore in Ambergris Caye so you need to walk to the end of Ramon Village dock to swim in clear water or take a snorkeling trip..not like clear blue water off the beach in St John or the Caymans
-bring lots of singles and small bills for tips
-All in all, we had a GREAT time but our strategy was to spend less on lodging and more on day trips and that's what we did
-room was a bit rough
-bring lots of shorts, bathing suits and t shirts, forget the night life..
-drink Belikan beer and Coconut Rum!

Room Tip: Building 1, 2, 3 2nd floor..away from bar and street-building 2 is prob the best..building 3 is a bi...
17 Thank atlsanman