“Great deal and so close to everything”

Exotic Caye Beach Resort
Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and well worth the money as I got a deal on Groupon. My room was upstairs which got a daily breeze which helped with the temp and flow. Has a fridge and stove so you can cook if you want to as there are many local spots to buy fresh produce and other items from the store across the street. Half a block down the street on the left hand side is Maria's where you can buy fresh juices with the watermelon juice the best that I have ever tasted. The resort also set me up with a couple of snorkeling and dive trips which you have to do while in Ambergris Cayes. They also have a on site restaurant called the Melt that is great and convenient for both breakfast and lunch. Ate there 3 times for breakfast which was good and one lunch which was excellent as I had the ham melt which was so oozing with cheese and flavorful that it was like eating a Croque Monsieur. Will go back in a heart beat as it is a good stopping point for me as I like to spend half of my time in AC and then Corozal. Oh, almost forgot to thank house keeping for their work o my room.

With respect

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 419flora
There are newer reviews for Exotic Caye Beach Resort

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for a week and were pleased with our choice. The location is great. Right on the beach and within walking distance of town. The 2 restaurants on site had very good food and were reasonable priced. The unit has a kitchen, so we saved $ by buying some of our food at the grocery store across the street. The unit was clean although somewhat weathered which you should expect from a beach-side bungalow. The AC worked great. The staff was very pleasant. I thought it was a great value and would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowdy75
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I got married on the beach at this resort for our destination wedding in April! They were so helpful in all the preparation before we arrived. We enjoyed our stay very much. The bedroom stayed cool and the bed was comfy. The food was great also. I would recommend to everyone! I got this on Groupon and wasn't disappointed. To me the room is just somewhere that I sleep when I go on vacation so amenities and fluffy extras were not needed. We had a cute balcony that overlooked the ocean. This trip was unforgettable something I will remember for the rest of my life. Thank you Exotic Caye Beach Resort!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie W
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were well kept as opposed to some of the reviews I have read. So convenient to everything and right on the white sand beach. The staff was pleasant and the maids did an excellent job and were accommodating to when they cleaned so as not to disturb our day. The Management was absolutely responsive to our every concern and comfort. I would not hesitate to stay again and had a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2A and 2B first floor. Excellent choice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank antiqueron1
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked 3 nights here with my husband May 9-12 this year and was 100% satisfied with our stay. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. We arrived a bit early and Brenda, in the office, was nice enough to give us a brief tour of the site and information about where to go around town. All the huts face the ocean, so whichever one you get assigned you get a good view. There is one hut by the bar, so the only problem would be the noise, but even at the hut farthest from the bar (which we stayed at ) we could still hear so that's just something you'll have to deal with. We were so tired by the end of the day that the noise didn't even bother us. They speak of remodeling this hotel but I loved the classic island feel to it. It's definitely not a 4-star resort but it's quite the hotel that has character to it. Yes the buildings are older. It's close enough to the tropic air airport and the water taxi. It's about half a mile, easy walk. You can walk along the beach from the taxi port to the hotel front. There is a golf cart rental across the street that we went to for 2 days out of our stay. Also a market for groceries -- rooms have fridges and ovens and silverware. VERY convenient!!! But they are very clean. I can't express how happy we were to book this place and we talk about coming back to Belize -- and so if and when we do, I would definitely book this place again.

To the staff at exotic caye -- thank you so much for your hospitality. I've only been home one day and want to go back!

Room Tip: All buildings you will hear the noise from the bar. Buildings 1 and 2 are "farthest" away...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gabrielle l
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Smaller resort with everything you need to relax and have a good time in San Pedro. Very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing beach! 2 restaurants and a bar on site and the location on San Pedro can't be beat. It does not have a huge pool but I never needed the pool during my stay! I really liked that smaller aspect of this resort, I enjoyed my stay here more than I have a larger resort with fancy pools. Not to mention the value! Such a great price for a place to stay in beautiful Belize! So glad my husband made me come here!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank JRCJtravels
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great location, close to Bars, restaurants, grocery stores and dive shops. A nice walk to downtown.
Generally quiet, but can get a bit loud during the weekend.
Helpful and friendly staff. the rooms were clean. Only issue was the stove, which wasn't working.
The foods were delicious and the bar by the beach is a great place to hang out.
The pool is very small and the beach is only good for tanning and hanging out. cant really swim because of the sea grass. but there is like a 10-15min walk to nice beach.
Overall its a chill place to stay, you cant go wrong with it

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple