“All you need at one location”

Exotic Caye Beach Resort
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
“All you need at one location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

I wound up here by chance after a bad experience at another hotel. Maya who works at the Cafe put me in contact with the owner after venting over a good breakfast at Ms. Saras cafe which is on the resort property. See Maya, she's is such a plesant person and a good way to start your day with coffee and breakfast

Kelly the owner, with her husband Paul, offered a room at a good rate and I moved in even though I had the other booking. Her husband Paul walk me around and
explained all the resort has to offer and what there is to do.

Kelly and Paul made me feel welcome and took care of everything I asked for.

Definitely get a golf cart while in San Pedro if you want to go out and about yourself. Otherwise taxis and boats are available

See the Bartender Ali at the Crazy Canucks bar on site. He took us fishing and we caught lots of fish.

The room was incredible, the AC is in the bed room, however it is not really needed in the kitchen and living area. It's a thatched roof in one half, so running AC is not practical, and it's cool enough in the PM without AC. I had to shut the ceiling fan off it's was that cool. You can also open your front doors and let the Ocean breeze come in. Your balcony overlooks the ocean!

Down town is about a 15 minute walk or a quick cab ride. But most services are near the resort. There is a tasty restaurant on site open till midnight, a pizza joint across the street, a supermarket to stock your cozy kitchen, and a fesh veg/fruit stand a minute away. There also is a hardware store if that's what you need

My main purpose for San Pedro was fishing a they do have it. Barracuda, Spanish Mackrael, snapper, you name it's out there. You can fish from shore, but boat is best

I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a great vacation. It won't be on lifestyles of the rich and famous, but you will be completely satisfied with what Kelly and Paul have to offer. There staff is always out and about and will take care of all your needs while chillin with regular folks on the island. Yachts are available if that's needed, just ask Kelly and Paul and they will arrange it for you!

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

As part of a major trip through Central America this was one place I counted on for rest and relaxation in somewhat luxury (I assumed by the rates this would be luxury), but I was wrong. I booked it through an auction site and even at the rates I got a "1 bedroom" for, i would not have paid them. The place was grotesquely dirty and reminded me of places in southern florida with cheap furniture and gawdy tropical decor (if this is your thing, so be it; its not mine). The air conditioner was in the bedroom thus you have to stay in the bedroom to stay cool. The place was very tiny other than that. Please see the uploaded pictures. The location was quite a distance from the main piers in town. I went to the bar twice and really didn't enjoy the crowd. The crowd is older and seemed to be the type of people who go down to Belize for their annual vacation and not straying from the tourist traps. Horseshoes are available on the beach, the pool is as big as some jacuzzis, and in general, when I was there, the place was nearly vacant. I also had problems with the reservations (major problems). Skyauction was used and I am currently writing the Better Business Bureau about the problems...whether the problems were with Skyauction or Exotic Caye will be found over due time. The WIFI does not work well at all. The last night I needed to do some work and of course it did not work. The security guard on duty had no idea and said the next day someone will get to it. I had the manager, Paul German, come to the resort to fix it. As soon as he got there it worked but he said it was working all of the time which is bs. He then stated the security guard doesn't know anything about that technology stuff...well all it took was to reset the modem...the press of a button on and the press of a button off. This was my last night at this place thank goodness as the longer I was there (stayed 5 nights) the more I found the place to be neglected and wont in standards. Again, if you are a couple from the midwest who likes to socialize over beers with other midwesterners and play horseshoes, this may be your place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank wanderingtheworld200
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

Kelly and Paul customized our family's vacation activities to include transportation, fishing, snorkeling, sunset cruise, in-room spa massages and dinner reservations. You cannot find any personal service better than this. Incredible Christmas for our family of 6. We had a glorious time. Great location. Convenient to town and key venues. Incredible service.

My family will always look back at this vacation as one of their favorites. Will be back again and again and again.....

• Stayed December 2010
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Relaxed, laid-back, comfortable. What else could you ask for?

The management and staff are awesome!! Friendly, helpful and obviously anxious for you to enjoy your time there.

Lots of things to do on the Caye and Kelly & Paul and their staff all always willing to book excursions for you.

Or you can hang around the Crazy Canucks bar on Sunday afternoon and play in, or watch the weekly horseshoes tournament with live music and dancing.

The Blue Iguana restaurant is great. Friendly service and wonderful food.

We loved the place!! And look forward to returning some day.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WMR5
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

Paul and Kelly were the best host/hostess combo. Staff was wonderful, all was exactly as represented and the location-right on the sand-great time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

I traveled solo to Exotic Caye.. my first trip to Belize. The accommodations were perfect for me.. right on the beach, and I cannot say enough about the service and attention to detail, and fun positive attitudes from ALL the staff. From the office staff to the maintenance guys and maids.. all were an absolute pleasure!!!

As far as convenience.. I was able to charge my dives, my pub bills (Crazy Canucks..fun bar!) and Blue Iguana restaurant bills to my room.. no muss, no fuss, no cash needed. There was a grocery store right across the street so also very convenient! Office folks even booked my in and out flights on Tropic Air. I was completely taken care of from start to finish.

I met the most amazing people on this trip.. the neighbours, the bar and restaurant owners and the managers of the resort, Kelly and Paul. I have made friends for life , and cannot wait to return!

I did a night dive..the company picked me up right from Exotic Caye’s dock and were very professional and cool. The dive was amazing. Exotic Caye obviously work with hand selected partners that are service service service oriented. I had a wonderful massage and facial at Asian Garden Spa.. Cindy, the manager was lovely and very helpful.

I am in the service business in Panama and know what it takes to run such an operation so efficiently. I highly recommend this property, and I would be happy to talk to anyone individually.

Sarah Booth

sarah@panamaholidayhomes.com

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Canucktravelinlatin
San Leon, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

Totaly comfortable. Paul & Kelly German were the perfect hosts. They helped us get our golf carts, directions & airline tickets. They checked with everyone every day to make sure every thing was okay. They even helped out with some of our excursions. We will definately be back & highly recommend Exotic Caye Beach Resort to anyone going to San Pedro. Dan & Sandy George

• Stayed November 2010