Just back from a week in Belize, including 4 nights at Xanadu and had a wonderful time. Everyone we met was incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Martin at Xanadu.
The hotel was about 1 mile south of town, which was a bit of a hike at night, but nothing too terrible. The properties appeared to get nicer as you got farther away from town anyway.
The hotel was very quiet and laid back, which was what we wanted. As others said, if you want the Ritz and poolside bar service, this isn't the right place for you. But, if you want a clean, nice relaxing place to stay with helpful and friendly staff, Xanadu is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro