We spent a week at Xanadu, and had a good experience. Our first room was 7A and was a one-bedroom - clean and functional with a decent kitchen. Not luxury as advertised but we liked the location - close enough to town to ride our bikes to (loved the free rentals) or walk along the beach to/from (20-min walk) - nice pool area, two markets within a few feet and friendly, helpful staff. Our last night we were upgraded to Room 11 which is an ocean front, 3-bedroom truly luxury suite - upgraded everything (tile, kitchen, furniture, etc) with a private deck. There were just two of us so it was overkill but it was a great way to enjoy our last night.
- take advantage of the free bike rentals- either ride on the beach or street for a quick way to get into town (the beach is a little harder when you hit soft sand but a fun adventure)
- try George's Kitchen for a great meal - short 5-min walk from the hotel
- Marinas market is a little less than the supermarket across the street but the latter has better selection/more variety
- we booked our dives with Chuck & Robbie's - highly recommend them, and went fishing with Hill (caught about 100 snappers between my husband and I!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro