Before I start, I'm gonna say that this isn't a hotel. No bar, no restaurant, no clubs and no noise :) However, what it is is crazily relaxing.
Firstly, the apartments (eco-pods as I think they call them) are great. Really spacious, with an actual kitchen that functions like one, not one of these places that just has a token kitchen as some sort of selling point. Yes, they are electric hobs on the cooker, but that is expected. If you do want to cook for yourself, then a local shop is less than 50 yards from Xanadu, with bigger supermarkets a 5 minute cycle ride away (bike hire from xanadu is free). While on food and drink, if you do run out of your own beer, they do have a fridge full of it and can sell it to you. So, not having a bar isn't really an issue.
Everything is spotlessly clean.
The staff are awesome. Just the most helpful, friendly people I've had the pleasure to interact with in a long time. From the moment you arrive you feel incredibly welcome.
I felt very safe here and many families were present. So, although I wasn't with kids I think it'd be perfect.
Nothing to complain about whatsoever. Just go :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro