We spent 7 nights at Xanadu Island Resort for our honeymoon Oct. 14-21st. From the moment we made our reservations to the day we left the resort, we received the best service from the staff at Xanadu. We arrived at Xanadu at around 12:30/1pm and our room (#7A) was not ready yet. Check in is not until 3pm so we were a little early. We went to get a bite to eat at Rico’s over at the Villas at Banyan Bay while they prepared our room. After our beachside meal, we went over to see if our room was ready. Our room must have had some issues because it still was not ready, but we were offered an upgrade to an oceanview honeymoon loft suite (#3) in the meantime. It was incredible. We had a wonderful view of the ocean that we enjoyed in the hammock on the deck outside the suite. We fell in love with Xanadu. We woke up to a beautiful sunrise every morning.
Our suite was equipped with a fully stocked kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and silverware for cooking on those days we didn’t feel like eating out. We had two full baths stocked with plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. There were televisions in the common room downstairs and in the bedroom upstairs. The suite was also equipped with a safe, iron and ironing board, and 2 A/C units. The suite was very clean and the products that housekeeping used smelled great. We had everything we needed at our fingertips. The wonderful staff was on point and able to assist us with those things that were not readily available.
Franz at the front desk was super helpful with everything. He helped us make arrangements for our various tours, massages and cart rental. He also made suggestions on where to eat.
We vacationed during the low season so it was really quiet. If you are expecting a live and happening resort, this is not the place for you. This island paradise is conducive to relaxing.
Many other guests complain about there not being a bar or restaurant, but this is not an issue as there are several eateries in both directions within walking distance on the beach. There are also a couple of markets to buy items for cooking. It would be helpful to bring your own kitchen staples in your luggage because you will get sticker shock in the markets.
If you are expecting lush sandy beach to sun yourself on while the waves crash on to the shore, this is not the place for you. Xanadu has a sea wall, but they have an area cordoned off at the end of the dock for swimming. There are very few spots around the island where you can just wade into the ocean from the shore due to the proximity to the reef and the amount of sea grass in the water. Xanadu is a peaceful oasis with a great heated tropical pool on immaculate grounds to satisfy your swimming needs.
Unfortunately, we had to move to the room we initially reserved for our final night since the oceanview suite was reserved. It was still a lovely suite, but the view was not as pleasing and there were construction/renovations in progress right outside our door. Since it is low season, it is understandable that the resort would take advantage of this time for major projects.
Overall, we had a great honeymoon in Belize with wonderful accommodations at Xanadu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro