We simply loved it. We were on San Pedro for a week, stayed first at The Blue Tang, which is located within walking distance to town, then moved south to the Xanadu, which is about a 7 min taxi ride from town (cost $5 US). We explored all of the island and truly found nothing as perfect as Xanadu. It is tranquil and beautiful, quiet and private. The pool is stunning, the beach is peaceful, the rooms are clean with private decks. Opt for a second level room if you can, for the view.
We booked the package with the hotel that got us our airfare to and from BZE, two snorkel tours, airport transfer, and 10% off our room rate. This was a great deal and the hotel then booked all of these things for us! Talk about worry free. For the snorkel tours, they arrange for pick up right at the dock in front of the hotel. The Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley tour is a highlight that can't be missed. Bike rentals are free. There are 2 supermarkets just around the corner to stock up for eating in your room if you wish, not to mention The Baker for yummy cinnamon rolls! The staff were so friendly and kind. We can't believe the Xanadu isn't rated #1 on here yet - it certainly is to us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro