To celebrate our 10 yr anniversary we decided on Ambergris and Xanadu, even withour 3 kids and Grandma in tow!
Let me just say, all these reviews are spot on. We researched the resort but I dont think any of the photos or reviews do it justice, this place is GORGEOUS!!
Most reviews are from a couple perspective, so let me just include a few family perks along with the rest... Rum punch for us, and virgin fruit punch for the kids upon arrival, YAY!
The resort has complimentary beach cruisers that can be used. All of us, including my 8 and 6 yr old kids, were able to choose a bike that fit from the great array they had. There was even a couple of cruisers with a BIKE SEAT attached for my 3 yr old son! how cool is that?
Kayaks are also complimentary as long as they are used on close/near by premises. So both adults and kids got to try the kayaking a few times during that week.
The resort also has a neat Nature walk that includes a wooden bridge up in the trees and information about the local plants and such. This made for great exploring for the kids.
The sand is raked each morning, which is a detail that did not go unnoticed. No litter, everything is maintained to a T as they say! The resort has cool wood tables and chairs out by the shore where we made some sandwiches and muched on snacks with an unforgettable view of the ocean only steps away...
Our kitchen had coffee and sugar for mornings and there are plenty of cartoon channels for some down time for the kids on the TV's.
The staff offered suggestions for tours and gave us ideas for the family... our kids LOVED Shark Ray alley and Hol chan, a must. Even the 3 yr old snorkled! The staff was quick to help size the kids for thier fins and life jackets, making conversation and even joking with them. It was so nice to see our kids were welcomed with open arms and not seen as inconveniences.
Oh, another great detail, the hotel offers Filtered Drinking water!! so each time the gallon in your fridge is out, you take it to the office and they fill it up for free, as many times as needed. That was a neat plus. The staff is incredibly helpful and always has a smile on thier face. They are so eager to help and go out of thier way to make anything possible. Our rooms were spot less on a daily basis thanks to housekeeping; and the rooms themselves were awesome. Most have the huge almost floor to ceiling windows that curve around the entire room, its great. Even in a 'garden view' room, we could easily spot the ocean right out our windows.
Golf cart from the resort was for a day, and we all fit in 1! We discovered the north side of the island, an amazinggggg public beach by the bridge, got some local lunch from the street vendors and had a blast....
With our large group in tow, we were definately on a budget. But even with that, we were able to enjoy all the perks this place offered; made for an unforgettable vacation :)
Can't say enough about this place. Even the kids and Grandma keep raving!
An incredible 10 yr anniversary trip with the ones we love and made even better by Xanadu :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro