We stayed at Xanadu Jan 31 thru Feb 7. We had a 2 bedroom unit #10. The unit was very clean and all the utilities worked fine. Shelly and Martin were always around and available if you needed anything. All the staff was very helpful.
We had a great time. Using the bikes (no charge) was a great way to get around during the day. The resort is about 25 minutes (walking) south from the main town of San Pedro. The Internet worked great. Bring a very long data cable so you reach the data port on the wall to the desk/table.
Grocery stores – There are two stores right outside the resort. This will allow you to compare prices and I would recommend you do.
We used Ecologic divers for our scuba diving. I would highly recommend them. They basically spoil you. The best thing is that their master divers have cameras and they send you (at no charge) pictures of the dive to you that same day!! The guys are very personable and fun.
The scuba trip to the Blue Hole, in my opinion, wasn’t really worth it. I think the scuba diving at the local reef was much better and was only a 5 – 10 minute boat ride versus 1 ½ hours to the Blue Hole (& very bumpy). You must do Hol Chan and Esmeralda dive sites. They “chum” the water so you get to see nurse sharks (harmless), sting rays and Moray eels. Lot’s of fun.
Restaurants – We loved Elvi’s – their Friday Buffet is $25 but it’s worth it. Their regular menu is very good as well. We also enjoyed El Patio. Their frozen drinks were huge!! They were the only place we found that add a 10% tax – didn’t understand if that was their tip or not – no other place did that. We had pizza at Pirates pizza – very good value and tasted great.
We watched the superbowl at the Stadium – their chicken wings with ranch was fantastic. Don’t order the nachos – very small portion. It was a blast watching it with all the other people. They had a projector system so it made it easy to watch the game. I saw that several other bars had projector systems for these types of events.
I would suggest paying cash at the restaurants. Bring traveler checks - Xanadu will cash them for you. The exchange fees are kinda high on the credit card bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro