Just got back from a week at Xanadu.
I picked it as a result of the reviews on Tripadvisor, and Xanadu was all that people said.
Relaxing, quiet, comfortable and great service.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. It had a large porch overlooking the pool and beach. Comfortable furniture, hammock, etc. There was never a race to put down a towel at the beach or pool, as there was always an available chair. Even though the resort was full, it felt very empty.
The pool was beautiful and the grounds well maintained, but what really made Xanadu stand out was the service. The employees really seemed more like family going out of there way to do anything for you. Suggestions on the best restaurant, the most interesting adventure or any question you had, they would be happy to answer.
Bikes and Kayaks were available for free. Be aware they have a seawall except for a small area for launching Kayaks. There is a beach next door which you are free to use.
I would suggest renting a golf cart if you go. We did and it was great to go into town or to any of the other restaurants. Try the Sand Bar just south of Xanadu. They had the best blackened Snapper we had all week. Also beach bowling, which the kids enjoyed.
Overall a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro