We just got back this week from our stay at Xanadu at it was fabulous. As everyone says in their posts the staff is top notch. This was our first visit to San Pedro and we did a ton of research because we were traveling with small children (1,6) and really needed the right ammenities. Xanadu does not have a bar or restaurant but you really don't miss it. We had a full kitchen and it was far nicer to be able to have at least one meal at home rather than relying on restaurant food each day. You can buy Belekin beers, juice, water, and sodas from the office right next to the pool when you first arrive if you've not had anyone stock your villa. There is a store within easy walking distance where you can buy all staples. Upon arrival we made a quick stop for milk, juice, cereal, coffee, cheese and crackers, etc, and we were set. Golf carts are easy to rent and the office can arrange it for you. Although you are only one mile from the town of San Pedro, you will want a golf cart if you have small children. The first day we pushed our stroller down the beach to the restaurants near the water taxi drop (downtown SP) and it was a bit of a treck with the kids. Another time we walked on the roads and it took 35 minutes to get to town. Kids just aren't going to do that every day. You can also get cabs easily but it's much more fun to do the golf cart. There are no negatives to say about Xanadu. The housekeepers clean your room every day and make it feel like it's your first time using the room. Orlando was the best with my kids. He walked hand in hand with my daughter to show her the various iguanas. There was a crib and our baby took long naps each day. They also arranged babysitting so we could take our 6 year old snorkeling one day. The pool also is lovely. We looked at a lot of other hotels while we were there and we thought we really lucked out with Xanadu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de and Hotels.com so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro