We had long ago decided to do a destination wedding and finally settled on Belize and then on Ambergris Caye. Upon finding Xanadu here on tripadvisor, I knew it was the place for us. After over a year of waiting, we finally got to travel to the most beautiful island and meet all of its wonderful people.
There are not enough good things that I can say about everyone and everything at Xanadu. Stacey must be the most patient person in the entire world because I emailed her weekly with odd questions and requests regarding the wedding and she handled them seamlessly without any delays. We were married on the beach and then had Sylvia, a private chef, cook a reception dinner in the suite my parents were staying in. I cannot think of a more perfect or intimate setting for the entire event. Even if a wedding is not in your plan, I would hire Sylvia for a meal because it was hands-down one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Kay Scott provided photographic services and has a wonderful photo journalistic style and the flowers provided by Dulce met my color preference, even though it was not easy.
The resort itself felt like tree house apartments to me as I went back and forth between our unit, my family's, and other guests attending the wedding. We had unit number two, and in addition to a fabulous view of the ocean, we had an incredibly comfortable bed with plenty of pillows upstairs. My family was in unit nine and it was easily larger than any of the apartments I ever lived in, and nicely appointed. Xanadu is a beautiful jungle paradise that I found to be the best resort environment I've ever been to. There were few children there, but families are easily accommodated as well. We really felt as though we were there alone quite often due to the small number of units, making that much more special of a location.
We took a snorkeling tour with Alfonso and went to Xunantunich and zip lining with Ed from Ed's Eco Tours and would recommend both of those experiences. We had a golf cart the entire trip and this made life much easier, so as to transport water, beer, and groceries from town. Our favorite meals eaten out were at Sunset Grill and Red Ginger (as recommended by Stacey- the chef is amazing). We also barbecued on the beach a lot at the outdoor grill that Xanadu recently added. There are plenty of bars up and down the beach, and we found our favorite as being Big Daddy's just north of Central Park because the bartender Brian is so nice.
I can say that we are already planning our return trip for the soonest possible date! Going to San Pedro has changed me in ways that no other vacation locale has. If this is your first non-all-inclusive experience, you will not regret it. Go, have fun, and make sure to get to know everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro