We've just returned from a week at Xanadu Resort on Ambergris Caye in Belize and simply cannot say enough good things about the property and the folks that work there. My girlfriend, brother and I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo on the top floor (#9) and were completely knocked out by the size, cleanliness and overall comfortable atmosphere. Our deck, which ran the full length of one side of the building, was perfect for kicking back in the evening, reading a book and relaxing after a long, hard day of diving.
The people who worked in the office (Stacey, Susan and Martin), were extremely friendly, efficient, and could work the phones like magicians. They helped us book all our diving and inland excursions no matter what crazy things we wanted to do. When our plans changed, or we needed to switch to a different dive shop for off-shore dives, everything was taken care of. The resort is fairly small (12 rooms I think) and the grounds are meticulously maintained by a small team of friendly guys. One of the groundskeepers, Robert, would pull a couple of coconuts down for us when we'd be lying by the pool, pop those suckers open, and we'd be set up with fresh coconut milk. Now that's vacationing!
All in all, an extremely well run, friendly, clean resort. We'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro