This is my first review on TripAdvisor and it took a resort with exceptional service to get me to write one. Xanadu Island Resort is absolutely one of the gems of San Pedro. The resort staff is by far the friendliest and most helpful I've ever had the pleasure to meet. They were prompt and thorough when replying to my emails about planning our trip and also offered to book our transportation from the mainland to San Pedro. During our stay the friendly staff helped us to plan activities, make reservations, told us about local hot spots and overall made us feel right at home.
Xanadu is a relatively small resort with quiet and peaceful ambiance. Our room was spacious and contemporary with ample A/C. It had a full kitchen and a comfortable living area where we lounged most of our evenings. The only drawback to this resort is that they don't have a restaurant so you either have to go out or cook your meals. There are a handful of good restaurants within walking distance and the rest you would either have to bike to or take a golf cart. The resort offers to its guests free use of their bicycles and sea kayaks. There is a small swimming pool and plenty of lounge chairs to help you keep cool in the tropical heat.
This is probably not the place to stay if you want to party and stay up all night, but for those who want a quiet and comfortable place to relax after a day of fun in the sun this is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro