“Well run place”
Review of Pedro's Hotel

Pedro's Hotel
Ranked #33 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here for three nights in October 2013 in a top floor room in the newer wing. Room was clean and there was a good amount of space. The owner/manager was extremely helpful and accommodating. It's nice having the bar onsite and neighboring hostel - provided a social atmosphere. Grocery store nearby. The walk towards the center of town takes ~15 minutes down some unpaved paths or no-sidewalk roads being shared with traffic, if that bothers you. It seemed like before it was possible to easily access the beach at nearby Ramon's Village Resort - when we were there, Ramon's was under construction from being burnt down and parts around the site were blocked off, so there might have been a quicker route but we didn't find it (accessed the shoreline each day via that alley that passes by the rotisserie chicken shop) . This hotel overall was a great budget option for us

Normally I'm apathetic about pizza, but the garlic shrimp pizza at Pedro's was quite tasty. Try it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank meeeohhmy

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here in September and couldn't have been happier. Great rooms with cable tv, air con and wifi. All the staff are very friendly and always willing to help if needed. Peter is a top bloke and nai is a great barman and always up for a laugh. The food was always good. Coldest beers in town and if you like jäger they have it on draught!! People who want to have fun and meet other travelers should look no further. All the best, Steve & Kristy (UK AND AUS)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank stevethegooner
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a fun place to stay in San Pedro look no further! The rooms are comfortable and clean and great value! The bar is fun at night. I stayed here while doing some scuba diving and had some good post scuba fun in the bar afterwards. The staff are friendly, fun and the food is great. Best pizza I've had

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Benzo1066
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I spent 2 nights there, one at the beginning of my trip and one at the end. The room is basic, but clean, and a great value. VERY nice people - very helpful. A/C, hot water, private bathroom...what more do you need? The only issue for me was how far south of the airport this was. I was walking with my bag - I'd suggest getting a taxi, which is $10BD ($5USD) each way. Once I got my bag to the hotel walking around was NO problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SueOut
Reviewed 15 November 2013

What a great place if you want value for your money. Nice rooms with nice beds and private bath. If you want value combined with great people, this is your place. Property also includes a bar and restaraunt that serves great food. Watch out for the bell.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are the nicest
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I bought the Groupon for 4 nights in a Deluxe Room. My boyfriend and I had originally planned to stay at Ramon's or Coco Beach Resort, but we were beginning to feel a little bored by these resorts packed with retired folks and honeymooners. When I saw the Groupon- we thought, why not?!

Fast forward a week after we spent a week in San Ignacio, we arrives at Pedro's by Water Taxi. After we checked in and checked out our room we were sold. It really has all one ever needs; TV with cable (tons of English and movie channels), comfy bed, tons of lighting, hot water and great AC. Top it off, they were able to set up our scuba diving trips and even gave us a ride every morning so we didn't have to lug our gear. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and cuisine (the lobster is divine!) and we always started and ended the night there.

We only rented a golf cart 1 day because it had been terrentially down pouring and the streets were become a tad flooded in ares. If it hadn't been for the inclement weather we would have had no problem walking into town.

Sadly, I do not think Pedro (Peter) will be offering the Groupon for this place anymore but we plan on going back in March and will have zero problems paying full price.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I spent a month at Pedro's in October. The room was large enough to accommodate me and my cat ( my friend had to leave after a week). And right across the courtyard from the famous Pedro's Sports Bar where I had access to my Packer's games on a huge TV every week. The bar was an eclectic mix of people (some as weird as me) and ringing the bell is an experience I will never regret or forget (yum). The food sounds simple pizza, garlic cheese bread, pasta etc. BUT the pizza is as good as anything California Kitchen or Wolfgang ever created. Same for the other things I mentioned but there are some serious items on the menu like the lobster or garlic shrimp are superb and the home made soups are as good as mine and I never never say things like that. OK you have a nice, clean, safe place to stay, excellent food, 2 pools, a sports bar where they have contests when no real sports are on so what more could you find. An assortment of the nicest, most giving, friendly, intelligent, known as the Staff. (Some of them are very good looking too) If you need help with anything they are right there to help including things like driving you to appointments helping you carry heavy articles, unlocking your door (again) when you lock yourself out. They are easy to talk to and make you feel like you are a part of their family. They know about everything and if the staff doesn't know "Pedro" does. Yes, there really is a Pedro (though he was born in England as Peter). He is like a benevolent dictator surveying his kingdom but the key word is benevolent. It is quite clear these are "his" people and nobody better mess with them or the wrath of Peter will knock your socks off. HE DOES KNOW EVERYTHING AND IF HE DOESN'T IT ISN'T WORTH KNOWING. He can be gruff but usually its because if you asked him first you could have avoided the problem you are now whining about. This man loves to see people happy and spends most of his life providing tools to help you get that way. Tip Do Not rent a golf cart w/o checking with him, do not buy any property w/o checking with him, And if you want to have a really good time ring the bell and watch him smile. I am going back in about a month and am looking forward to seeing them all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo