“All That You Need”

Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
LaSalle, Illinois
“All That You Need”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Pedro's is exactly as billed. Clean safe room, hot showers, and friendly and knowledgeable staff. We let Philipe arrange all of our tours and was very pleased with what he did. The grounds ,pool , and rooms are cleaned daily. You will never find a cigarette butt on the ground after 9 in the morning. The room had a TV ? Honestly, if you came this far to watch TV, life is passing you by.
We stayed in the deluxe rooms and was very happy with what we got for the added cost. The pizza is really good and the entertainment also. Which leads me to my only complaint . Actually, it really isn't a complaint , just an observation. It has been a long time and many lousy beds since I've stayed in a young adult (backpacker ) hotel. I would have loved this place in my early days but now I'm looking for a good nights sleep after a long adventurous day. Live entertainment ,Poker night, Trivia night cuts into my sleep time. But the nice thing was that every night at 11 pm everything went quiet. Whether it was by Peter's decree or an unwritten rule we were very thankful
I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank narimasu70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed at Pedro's the second week of January, 2014. We had come to San Pedro to snorkel and try snuba diving. Our room was on the third floor (Philipe even carried up our 50 lb. bag!) of a newer set of buildings giving one an excellent view of the inlets, air strip and ocean. The room was basic with a queen bed,AC,dresser,TV, sink, and toilet/shower room. Linens and room were clean. Hot water was dependent upon the weather and unfortunately we never experienced a warm shower! Water pressure was an issue one day, but Phillipe carried up a large bucket of water for the toilet.Television and AC worked well. Wi-fi worked best around the communal picnic tables or poolside. The pools are small but very clean and well kept.The sports bar opens at 4pm but Belikens are available from the office any time before four . The bar is a fun atmosphere with big screen t.v.'s showing the latest soccer or football games - sorry no hockey for us Canadians, and beer pong! Jason, the bartender, kept everyone going with food and drink - pizza's are tasty. Jaigermeister is the shot of choice and many were had when the bar bell was rung. Jaegy, Peter's beautiful white/black husky also made the rounds for a pat or a bite of food. A great mix of young and not so young from around the world. Peter, an ex Brit, runs a tight ship with an attentive and responsive crew found in Phillipe, Charles, Jason and many others. It is a quick ten minute walk to the center of town and a seven minute walk to the beach. The only negative was the barking dogs at night. Peter is working with the mayor to rectify the situation. Overall a pleasant stay in a budget hotel.

1 Thank Cumsailaway
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed at Pedro's Hotel this Feb. While in San Pedro. The airport is less than 15 min walk the town center and water taxi is under 20 minute walk. The street is unpaved,dusty and rocky and gets muddy after rain.It is just right if you are looking for a safe,clean and secure place in San Pedro.The office staff is Excellent they are knowledgeable and helpful they booked our trips and gave us lots of tips on the island. The food was very good and the bar staff and drinks were great. The room was just right for what we needed clean towels ,sheets and areas. The free wifi was good but did not reach the room.Check in and out was quick and easy we were on the beach 25 min after we checked it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent two weeks at Pedro's hotel in January 2014 , Peter Wendy and Philipo always made us feel welcome and steered us in the right direction whatever our questions. The hotel room we had was great value for money, squeaky clean with a nice big shower with hot hot water, fan ,air conditioner and small flat screen TV.
The two pools sparkled everyday and where very inviting after a hectic day's outing. It was a no brainer to book all our tours and golf carts through the hotel which gave us peace of mind.
We will be back.
keith and liz

Room Tip: We stayed in the hotel rooms across the road from the hotel which are nice and quiet and great value...
1 Thank Liz R
Dummerston, Vermont
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at Pedro's the second week in January, 2014. Why I came to Belize? On a lark. I guess at 75 and no one to answer to, I can do it. I am so happy I selected Pedro's, I have done a lot of traveling in my life and have always selected quality on a budget. You will get it here. You get to mingle with hostel denizens, (which took me back at least 5-6 decades) but even a few of my generation were checking in and out trying to figure if they might make Belize a second home. If you like to walk you are right around everything you would want in San Pedro. The bar opens at 4, but if you need a Beliken just stop by the office and for 2 bucks American it is yours. Rooms are simple, the TV is fuzzy, but why did you come here to watch TV? The bar/restaurant has a very nice one if you are into sports, which I am. WiFi in the public places. We'd sit around in the morning drinking strong coffee and muttering at our lap tops before facing another day on the beaches of the Caribbean. Just don't ring the bell, unless you want to buy the bar a jaggier.
I'm coming back and will use Pedro's as my jumping off point to visit more of this gem of a country. See you kids.
Bill from Vermont

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank William M
Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel is exactly what it is billed as - clean, convenient location - super friendly staff and very welcoming. It is not fancy or luxurious! We stayed for a week and had a clean comfy king size bed (yes two singles pushed together), more hot water and hotter hotwater than I've ever had anywhere in central and south america!
The bar is fun - especially on trivia noght - the pizza is fantastic! The garlic shrimp pizza rocks!
The staff at the bar and in the office are super helpful and work like they love the place and not like they are looking for money or huge tips - this is important :)
The owner can be crass and to the point but he runs a great establishment, knows how to take care of busines and stays on top of all matters concerning the happiness of his guests.
AND YES - the free Jaeger shots help a lot too!
If you are looking for a reasonably priced, convenient welcoming pplace - this is it! ENjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed across the room - no wifi but a little further away from the airport runway - we didn'...
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I love Pedro's. It is exactly as it is billed. Clean beds, clean shower, easy access to everything in town. I expected Pedro's to be a noisy party place, but not so much. I suspect that like us, folks were up early diving, having a bit of dinner, a few Belikins and early to bed. The bar has my favorite rum punch on the island. The staff is friendly and helpful. The wifi is strong. Don't expect a resort - Pedro's is a good, clean, safe, serviceable place to sleep.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple