“Great Destination”

Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Destination”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is my seventh stay at Pedro's Hotel in San Pedro, Belize. I spent four weeks staying at the hotel (March-May 2014) and it was another great adventure. The rooms, Internet, on-site Pub, and staff are all excellent. As a diver, I appreciate the office staff setting up my dives and making sure I was well-taken-care-of by Ambergris Divers. The staff set up excursions for our entire group-14 undergraduate teacher education, 7 doc students, and several other faculty who joined us from time to time. No request was too difficult for the staff. I really appreciated the Sunday Funday bar-be-ques and family beach day at another property owned by Pedro's-Caribbean Villas. Although we were not staying there, we were welcomed to spend each Sunday on the beach, enjoy a great bar-be-que (thanks Gloria), and listen to some local bands. I can't wait to get back in August. Special thanks to Phillepe, Wendy, Paul, Charles, Cindy, Ricardo, Gloria, Walter, Jason, Nye, and of course, Peter, for the great time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan49673

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is exactly as advertised. Basic accommodation, very clean and safe. When I booked this hotel I was expecting to receive the service comparable to a motel 6, but that was hardly the case.

We stayed in the regular hotel, NOT the Annex rooms. It was just my wife and this room was all that we really needed. At first I had plane troubles and couldn't make it to the next day, but the owner Peter was kind enough to switch my reservation so I didn't have to shave a day off my vacation. Serious points there! Some reviews I've read and some people I've spoke to say they think the owner Peter is a little 'salty'...but you know what? I really like the guy how he is and I wouldn't have him any other way. Everyone who works at this hotel are very kind, hospitable people who will go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. The bar is pretty fun at night, and the pizza is awesome! Just be careful drinking it up around those friendly cats Nye and Jason. Next thing you know you've had a few too many and are two licks shy of a divorce decree. Haha!

One thing I should mention is that Peter also owns the Caribbean Villas which is down the road from Pedro's. This is a very nice beachfront hotel, and as a guest at Pedro's you can use the beach and the chairs, even run a tab at the bar that you can pay at the end of your trip when you checkout of Pedro's! We spent alot of time hanging out here, then at the bar back at Pedro's at night, or when we wanted to cool off in the crisp clean pools there at Pedro's.

If you are here to go diving, simply go to the front office of Pedro's and they will set you up. They will give you a voucher, the boat will pick you up at the dock a short walk from the hotel, and you don't have to worry about paying until you check out at the end of your trip. I do my research when I run tabs for diving and I can say without a doubt that Pedro's doesn't charge a fee for this service. They use Ambergris Divers, which I feel is a very professional operation.

Overall, I was overwhelmingly satisfied with my stay at Pedro's. You won't find a better price for a hotel that offers this kind of service, with this kind of hospitality. I wish I could go back tomorrow.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erik S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for a week (while pregnant, no less) with my best friend for my birthday and it was great! Once you get past the dirt road (common to San Pedro) you will be pleasantly surprised. If you can swing the $75 for an Annex Deluxe room, you should. We had air conditioning, a clean room and bathroom, and a VERY hot shower. We met several people who stayed at the hostel part of Pedro;s who also enjoyed it, although they didn't have AC. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and give us anything we need. Especially Charlie! I asked for a mini fridge for our room and he brought one up within 5 minutes while we lounged at the pool! There are two pools, a bar that opens at 4pm that serves some food, and you can rent golf carts and bikes, although we had no problem walking into town. They will also book your tours, although we didn't do any. We spent a lot of time at their sister resort, which is down the road and on the beach. You can use their beach chairs and pool as well, and they also have an outdoor bar that serves food and drinks. I don't think it's a place to stay if you're looking for a quiet, honeymoon like vacation, or a family place. Single travelers, party people, and backpackers would love it here!

Quick shout out to everyone that made us enjoy our stay: Jason, Nye, Charlie, Paul, Jambo, and Jager (the dogs lol), I'll even throw in Peter. Thanks for everything guys!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for 3 weeks had a great time. Can't beat the price of the rooms and they were clean and comfortable. Air conditioner worked great and the shower water pressure was awesome! Close to the beach and town. Pizza in the bar is pretty tasty too. I would def stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We (three young guys) stayed at Pedro's for 12 nights and it was fantastic. The room was cosy with three comfortable beds, a pleasant little ensuite bathroom, a flat screen tv with over 100 channels and AC that kept the room cool at all times. The room was cleaned and towels replaced everyday. The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable about the different tours and activities available and were more than happy to organize everything for us. One of my favorite things about staying at Pedro's was the ability to use the sister resort which was a 5 minute walk away and was situated next to the ocean. There was also a pool, sun loungers, free wifi and a bar all available for use by Pedro's customers.
Overall a very enjoyable stay and I would happily recommend it to all people whether you are planning to stay for just a couple of nights or wanting an extended stay to explore the island.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank johnlvhall
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is where you will usually find us when we visit the island. It is quietly tucked way while still being close to all the action. Rooms are always clean and the a/c work great. All the staff are wonderful. They will provide as little or as much interaction as you desire. The bar is fun and the pizza is delicious.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AFearneyhough
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Pedro's is great, stayed here for a total of 10 nights. An affordable place to stay on the island. It's close to town, about a 10 minute walk. The rooms are spacious enough and clean. And the staff here is amazing. I extended my stay twice, and they were super relaxed and humorous about it both times... the second time they jokingly told me to start searching the rental section of the papers ;) And they help you plan any excursions you want to do. There's a bar on the hotel grounds which was a great place for me to meet other solo travelers (or any other travelers really!) and has great pizza and the coolest bartenders around! The common areas (picnic tables, bar, and pool) is the only place to get wifi which I thought was great so I didn't stay cooped up in the room all day. I had an amazing time here and would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo