“Pedro's little slice of... almost paridise”
Review of Pedro's Hotel

Pedro's Hotel
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Pedro's is the most welcoming hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff were very warm and welcoming and just really nice. And such a nice bar downstairs, I can not stress that enough.
Value, well I suppose it is the main holiday spot in Belize which is why it isn't the cheapest place. Although this hostel is perfect value for money, cheap and cheerful.
Quality of sleep however was affected by the fact my room over looked the San Pedro airstrip. Well I guess that's why it's the cheapest place I found in San Pedro. Although there aren't all that many flights going out of San Pedro, I does hurt when hungover being woken up by a aircraft taking off.
Clean, clean clean. No problem there, clean rooms, sheets couldn't find a fault.
The location however slightly lets Pedro's down again, next to the airstrip and a 10 minute walk away from all the bars and restaurants, but I suppose you'll spend most of your time in the hotel bar, once you get over the repetitiveness of San Pedro night life.
I stayed in the hostel, which had a shared bathroom, but I had no problem with this, and it was kept very clean.
The hostel rooms were simple. 2 beds a window and a ceiling fan. But if your only there for a night or two whilst backpacking around Belize, it makes very little difference, It was clean and that was the most important thing for me.
When I visit Belize again this summer and travel though San Pedro's I will be staying at Pedro's. I have stayed in Ruby's (The other hostel on San Pedro) and of the 2 I would pick Pedro's everytime

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrjamieparsons

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just a great place to stay. I stay at Pedro's every time I come to San Pedro,2-3 times a year. I come for the diving. Always clean great people , there is a safe in the room that I forgot to shut, no problem the maid is very honest person. The staff does a great job of making there customers happy. I stayed the winter in Belize, of all the places I stayed this is one of the better places to stay.
Enjoy your stay
Bill F.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My girlfriend and I booked a vacation to San Pedro and wanted something nice, but didn't need something crazy resort expensive. Pedro's Hotel hit the nail right on the head. When we first arrived, they let us check into the room, relax, place our belongings, get settled before filling out paperwork, etc.

The place was full of younger people, lots staying in the hostel (not the Hotel) and had some locals frequent the bar right on location of the hotel. It was an ideal location, being one block from the waterfront. We never had any issues walking back from bars at night or anything like that.

The room isn't glorious, but its a place where you can lay your head (with AC on!) and refresh before taking on all the island has to offer.

The staff at Pedros Bar are amazing. JJ, Jason, and the owner Peter make you feel like you're right at home.

One night after my girlfriend went to sleep early, she didn't wake up and I did not want to be loud and bang and try to wake her. Peter provided me with an extra key to get into my room so I wouldn't have to sleep outside.

!!Another perk is you get to use the sister resort down the road a little bit!!

Great place and I would gladly use this establishment if we came back in the future!

Thanks everyone at Pedros! Was a great vacation!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Hotel and you will have AC!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ryanc201
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed in the Annex and the room was very nice...A/C, fan, internet, TV and separate bath room all included. Staff were great and set up diving, snorkel, zip lining and cave tubing. Provided rides to various locations. Every one was pleasant and friendly.
This is a budget location with a budget price that ends up giving you a great location on the cheap. No reason to spend the money on a claimed up scale hotel when you can stay here

Room Tip: Ask for the Annex
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas Y
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is my seventh stay at Pedro's Hotel in San Pedro, Belize. I spent four weeks staying at the hotel (March-May 2014) and it was another great adventure. The rooms, Internet, on-site Pub, and staff are all excellent. As a diver, I appreciate the office staff setting up my dives and making sure I was well-taken-care-of by Ambergris Divers. The staff set up excursions for our entire group-14 undergraduate teacher education, 7 doc students, and several other faculty who joined us from time to time. No request was too difficult for the staff. I really appreciated the Sunday Funday bar-be-ques and family beach day at another property owned by Pedro's-Caribbean Villas. Although we were not staying there, we were welcomed to spend each Sunday on the beach, enjoy a great bar-be-que (thanks Gloria), and listen to some local bands. I can't wait to get back in August. Special thanks to Phillepe, Wendy, Paul, Charles, Cindy, Ricardo, Gloria, Walter, Jason, Nye, and of course, Peter, for the great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan49673
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is exactly as advertised. Basic accommodation, very clean and safe. When I booked this hotel I was expecting to receive the service comparable to a motel 6, but that was hardly the case.

We stayed in the regular hotel, NOT the Annex rooms. It was just my wife and this room was all that we really needed. At first I had plane troubles and couldn't make it to the next day, but the owner Peter was kind enough to switch my reservation so I didn't have to shave a day off my vacation. Serious points there! Some reviews I've read and some people I've spoke to say they think the owner Peter is a little 'salty'...but you know what? I really like the guy how he is and I wouldn't have him any other way. Everyone who works at this hotel are very kind, hospitable people who will go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. The bar is pretty fun at night, and the pizza is awesome! Just be careful drinking it up around those friendly cats Nye and Jason. Next thing you know you've had a few too many and are two licks shy of a divorce decree. Haha!

One thing I should mention is that Peter also owns the Caribbean Villas which is down the road from Pedro's. This is a very nice beachfront hotel, and as a guest at Pedro's you can use the beach and the chairs, even run a tab at the bar that you can pay at the end of your trip when you checkout of Pedro's! We spent alot of time hanging out here, then at the bar back at Pedro's at night, or when we wanted to cool off in the crisp clean pools there at Pedro's.

If you are here to go diving, simply go to the front office of Pedro's and they will set you up. They will give you a voucher, the boat will pick you up at the dock a short walk from the hotel, and you don't have to worry about paying until you check out at the end of your trip. I do my research when I run tabs for diving and I can say without a doubt that Pedro's doesn't charge a fee for this service. They use Ambergris Divers, which I feel is a very professional operation.

Overall, I was overwhelmingly satisfied with my stay at Pedro's. You won't find a better price for a hotel that offers this kind of service, with this kind of hospitality. I wish I could go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erik S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for a week (while pregnant, no less) with my best friend for my birthday and it was great! Once you get past the dirt road (common to San Pedro) you will be pleasantly surprised. If you can swing the $75 for an Annex Deluxe room, you should. We had air conditioning, a clean room and bathroom, and a VERY hot shower. We met several people who stayed at the hostel part of Pedro;s who also enjoyed it, although they didn't have AC. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and give us anything we need. Especially Charlie! I asked for a mini fridge for our room and he brought one up within 5 minutes while we lounged at the pool! There are two pools, a bar that opens at 4pm that serves some food, and you can rent golf carts and bikes, although we had no problem walking into town. They will also book your tours, although we didn't do any. We spent a lot of time at their sister resort, which is down the road and on the beach. You can use their beach chairs and pool as well, and they also have an outdoor bar that serves food and drinks. I don't think it's a place to stay if you're looking for a quiet, honeymoon like vacation, or a family place. Single travelers, party people, and backpackers would love it here!

Quick shout out to everyone that made us enjoy our stay: Jason, Nye, Charlie, Paul, Jambo, and Jager (the dogs lol), I'll even throw in Peter. Thanks for everything guys!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends