“Some Issues But A Decent Stay”
Review of Pedro's Hotel

Pedro's Hotel
Ranked #30 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is one block from the main road and divided between hostel rooms and rooms with a private bathroom. I stayed on the private bathroom side. AC worked well, decent selection of cable channels, towels were changed every day even if I hadn't asked for it. Wi-Fi worked well in public areas. Pedro's is a sister hotel of Caribbean Villas about 1/2 mile south down the street on the beach and you can use their pool, lounge chairs, and beach bar. Decent pizza in the restaurant but in my opinion; for the price, quality, and atmosphere, head down the street just a bit to Pinocchio if you're looking for anything Italian/NY style pizza. The water kept going out in my room which was related to a faulty part of the water pump to my room. Management had ordered the part but didn't tell me about the water issue in the room until I mentioned something the fourth time. I ended up temporarily running out of water about 6 times during my stay. However, management ultimately refunded me for one night because of this and there wasn't even an argument over it once I asked for some money back. My room didn't have a mini-fridge which meant I had to go out every morning to the market for breakfast. It also would have been nice to have real curtains and not paper-thin bed sheets over the window. Also, we pretty much had to rely on the fan light as there were 2 other switches in the room which weren't wired to anything.

One very important note about Ambergris Caye. I want to mention this because I never saw anything about it before I went. You cannot flush toilet paper anywhere on the island because of the way the septic system was built. You have to wipe and throw it in a trashcan and the maids collect in the morning. Honestly, take hand sanitizer with you and learn to go number 2 at the restaurants because I wouldn't want that smell in my hotel room overnight, especially with only one small open trashcan provided.

Some positives and negatives with our stay but overall, I was pretty happy with the choice to stay here because I don't think the more expensive "resorts" on the island are really worth it. Besides, if you spend that much time in your room in San Pedro, you're doing something wrong.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell T

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is the place to be in San Pedro Belize. Great English bar, free access to the sister property which is on the beach and only a three minute walk away. I found the staff exceedingly helpful and wonderful to work with. Great price, Good rooms. Peter you have a great property, I will be back again with my family

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When you say Pedro's in San Pedro you've said it all. A unique 'hotel' to say the least. It is more like a upscale hostel. Now don't get me wrong, Peter the owner does a credible job with his place. However some improvements could be made. Pool chairs are uncomfortable and lack cushions. Rooms could use real curtains instead of stained and tattered old bed sheets.
Now on the plus side, the pizzas are very good and loaded. The beers are cold and the mixed drinks done right. You also have access to the facilities at the Caribbean Villas,..pool, outdoor bar, beach chairs, Hobie cats and free towels.
For the price it was good. Also, if you catch Peter in one of jovial moods you will enjoy a round or two of Jagermeister. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Rent a golf cart when you arrive. Bring your own 'old' beach towel you can leave when depar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We were not sure what we were going to get with the low $$. Pleasantly surprised. We had 2 beds, ac, and clean shower. With the $$ we saved, we were able to support several local artists and businesses.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were initially skeptical as the price per room was so cheap. We got a nice clean room with AC, a refrig in the room, 2 small but clean swimming pools and a pleasant bar on the premises which makes outstanding pizza. Peter, the host, is a very nice and personable guy that will help make your stay comfortable. Breakfasts are not available, but coffee can be purchased at the office. It's about a 10 minute walk into town. No need to rent a golf cart vehicle, unless you have difficulty walking. We can well afford the nearby resorts, but why bother, unless you want to spend most of your time close to your room.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for their "deluxe" rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for one night on Saturday. Air con remote didn't work air con. Key didn't work the door. Safe was already locked so I couldn't secure my belongings. Warning of power going off the next day between 7 am and 3 pm, so I got up at 6 to shower only to find they decided to turn it off at 6, therefore no shower, water or breakfast.
All these issues brought to the receptionist in the morning with a reply of "oh well!" You just couldn't write it. Avoid if you want any service. Enjoy if you want budget - budget!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank lloydy677
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room was clean, the staff were wonderful, close enough to walk anywhere. Always felt safe there. Spent money on the wonderful activities of Ambergris Caye. Loved the dogs that lived there. Staff were honest, left safe open and everything was there. Would go back there again.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from the bar, can be a bit noisy on the weekend.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends