“Xaman Ek is Incredible!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Xaman Ek Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Xaman Ek Resort & Spa
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Little Rock, AR
“Xaman Ek is Incredible!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2008

Okay, I just have to say that my husband and I just spent our honeymoon with Mike and Vicki at Xaman Ek, and we absolutely could not have picked a better place! Mike and Vicki are so friendly, and the small setting and close atmosphere make you feel like you're right at home! Mike makes fantastic banana waffles and conch ceviche, Vicki does massage at the spa and they have yoga classes in the mornings. There are kayaks available at any time to kayak out to the reef, the beach is beautiful and all of the workers are just as friendly as Mike and Vicki, especially Jefnar!! I would very highly recommend Xaman Ek to couples who are looking to get some alone time and really see what it's like to relax, Belizean style!!! :)

• Liked — The small setting; there are only 6 rooms!
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank littlestar5124

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2008

My husband asked me to find a small secluded resort for a romantic getaway. After 5 days of jungle adventure at Mopan River Resort we arrived here. It was exactly what we were looking for. We stayed in one of the lovely beach cabanas with a view of the pool, the white sand beach and the crystal blue ocean for 4 nights. We lucked out and were two of only 7 people staying there including the owners, so it really felt as though we had the place to ourselves. You could literally walk around bare feet everywhere there on soft white sand. We got to take a look at the very spacious suites as well. I think we'd pay the extra and stay in one of those next time. Mike and Vicki have opened a small deli bar on site now so there is some food on site. We picked up a few things in town before heading out and ate out evening meals at the nearby restaurants (5-10 min walk) and in town one evening. We were happy to be away from all the hustle and bustle of town in this serene place. We bought a pass to take the Island Ferry back and forth while we were there. We didn't go in to San Pedro much cause we didn't want to leave Xaman Ek. We mostly spent our time on our deck, in the hammock, in the pool, and on a couple of short snorkeling adventures. We took the kayak out to the reef once too. Mike and Vicki are happy, laid back and accommodating hosts. They’ve really worked hard at beautifying the place. I was even able to check my e-mail just by asking. I did go for a mud massage at the spa since it was 20 feet from my doorstep. Ebony was wonderful. I really have no complaints about Xaman Ek and would love to return with my kids someday. The pictures on the website depict the place exactly, no surprises. Don't be afraid by the lack of reviews it's just too new and is still thankfully for us, undiscovered, but I'm sure not for long. As for Ambergris just be warned that March is the windiest month so seas can be rough then.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank PandaClan
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

We stayed at Xaman Ek and realy enjoyed it, Wonderful location, great staff. The rooms were quite large, and had everything we could have ever needed. Great lunch and breakfast mini menu, not huge, but at least a dozen items that were delicious.

Snorkeling with kayaks right from shore, we also took a catamaran sail on El Gato that was quite fun.

The spa treatments were exquisite. Tiffany did work on both my wife and I, I play soccer a lot and am always banged up and her massage was the best of my life, andi get a lot of them!!!! My wife had a facial, a massage, and a pedicure and was in heaven.

Quiet, relaxing, yet adventures available at our request!!! I would highly recommend Xaman Ek, and will be returning myself very soon.

• Liked — RElaxing and quiet
  • Disliked — loved everything
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

We had an extremely relaxing time at Xaman Ek in February. If you like peace and quiet this is the place to stay. We felt that closer to the town was too built up and touristy. Xaman Ek's location is much more unspoilt and has much better beaches. There is a spa on the beachfront and although there is no restaurant there are several good ones in neigbouring resorts. The owners are friendly and helpful and you can use the hotel's kayaks to go out to the reef.

Stayed February 2008
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

What makes this place so special? The people, the location and the spa, in that order. Owners Vicki and Mike are awesome - laid back, friendly, they treat you like family!! This attitude carries over to the rest of the staff at the hotel and spa. Whatever activities you came to Belize for, they will advise you and hook you up with the best folks they can find. My husband, 16 year old son and I spent 9 nights there and did not want to leave. We all got certified for scuba diving with "Scuba Steve", who takes Xaman Ek guests snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking in the lagoon. Steve was truly special, patient and careful with us new divers, helping us relax and enjoy some spectacular dives. Between the three of us, we had many massages and other treatments at the spa - all great. The spa is right next to the water, and the sea breezes and sounds make you even more relaxed. New at the hotel is a mini restaurant that serves a small but delicious and fresh menu for breakfast and lunch.

As for the location - unless you really want to be with a lot of people or right next to bars and nightlife, the North part of Ambergris Caye is the way to go! It is quiet and beautiful, with many natural wonders to enjoy. The Barrier Reef is really close - easy to kayak out and snorkel right from the hotel. The grounds are pretty and there was an osprey that hung out eating fish on the dock every day. There are three good restaurants 5 to 10 minutes walk on the beach from the hotel, and it is easy to catch the water "ferry" into town or to other restaurants.

As my husband said on a day when the weather was iffy, if the worst it gets is that we have to hang out on hammocks, enjoy the view and have spa treatments, well, that is pretty awesome! It's a small hotel and not "fancy", but very comfortable. We left rejuvenated in every way.

• Liked — location, roomy two bedroom suite, helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Swift Current, SK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2008

In reading the other reviews on Xaman Ek, there is not need to go any further other than to say, what a great facility and property to unwind and relax. Mike, Vicki and their terrific staff will ensure that.

If you are looking for a quiet, tranquil and laid back vacation, you need to look no further. The combination of property size (6 rooms) and being somewhat isolated (6+ miles to San Pedro) will ensure that. If crowds, activities and nite life are a priority, this is not the place for you. Those things are available, just not on site, which was just fine with me.

The website photos of Xaman Ek pretty much tell the story. If you are looking for a little piece of paradise just outside your door on the Caribean, with a caring personal staff to look after your needs and requests, I would highly recommend it.

J.Arling

Stayed February 2008
Philadelphia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2008

My wife and I stayed in San Pedro, on the Ambergris Caye. Early in our trip, we took a long bike ride north of the town, to see what the quiet northern areas of the island had to offer. As expected, we found lots of nature -- plants and critters -- and occasionally secluded restaurants and small resorts. But we did not expect to stumble on this beautiful get-away.

We were blown away by the setting -- beautiful beach-front, beckoning hammocks, beach chairs, pool, etc. The owner was very friendly and let us take a break from the sun. We inquired about her spa services, and my wife decided to take a brochure. We were already a few days into a highly active trip (not the least our long bike ride that day), and a spa day sounded like the perfect way to balance things out.

Two days later we headed north for my wife's triple treatment (facial, pedicure, and massage). We also brought two friends, who each got a treatment. There was a convenient ferry service available to take us the 6 miles north this time. (Three of us rode the boat, but my wife actually insisted on walking. She is quite the power-walker, but the beach trek took her over 90 minutes and seemed to wash her out. Therefore, I recommend the ferry!)

Everyone was happy with the spa services. I myself did not get any treatments, but I was well cared-for. I was able to borrow a kayak for some paddling, relax in a hammock, and lounge by the pool.

Only very basic refreshments (ice water, juice, etc.) were available at Xaman Ek, but it looks like more is on the way. The owners were working on a small stand for dispensing more formal refreshments -- drinks and light food. This looked very close to happening -- hopefully by March.

As we did not stay at the resort overnight. However, everything we did experience was excellent, and I suspect staying there would have made for a great week.

• Liked — Spa Service
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple