La Beliza Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
X'tan Ha Resort(San Pedro)
Great 4.5/5
Sapphire Beach Resort(San Pedro)
Playa Del Sol(San Pedro)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Azul Resort(San Pedro)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewswater taxiin townambergris cayegolf cartbelize citysand fliesbeautiful kitchencoastal expresscoconut treestranquility bayvolleyball netlocal grocerybug spraythe north endpeace and quietentire stayoffice staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Blue Reef is top notch! Our family (2 teenage boys + my husband + myself) was there for 8 days and wish we could have stayed longer! The spacious unit was perfect: luxurious 2 BRs and 2 BAs, a comfortable patio overlooking the sea, and a full kitchen....it even had a 40+inch flat screen TV (which we were glad to have when we wanted updates about the earthquake in Japan). The people who work there, everyone from the bartenders to the cook to the housekeeper, learned our names upon arrival and never missed an opportunity to be helpful. Not to mention, Marian, who helped with everything from Tropic Air reservations to restaurant reservations (and transportation!). The only complaint I can think of is that we had to leave!
We can't wait to spend another memorable vacation at Blue Reef!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KRN088
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I am a diver and have traveled to most of the Islands in the Caribbean, the barrier reef is just a paddle away off the island of Ambergris Caye with the kayaks. Other diving locations have good diving, but nothing compared to the barrier reef that is as long as the coast of Belize. In addition, the other locations in the Caribbean do not have Atolls. These are amazing areas to dive and or snorkel, Belize is the only location to offer these experiences and one of them, Lighthouse Reef Atoll is where the Blue Hole is located. Blue Reef Resort is approximately 8 miles north of San Pedro, this a major plus as the population of people that live on the island are concentrated there. The town is great for shopping, having lunch or dinner, or going out to the bars for some fun. But at the end of the day, having a beautiful, peaceful, and first class resort to end the day away from the hustle, noise, and goings on is a plus. The resort has only three buildings with six units each. This creates an intimate location where you actually get to know the boat captains that take to and from town, the office managers that can arrange any excursion you may desire such as Mayan Ruin tours, dive trips, fishing trips, etc., the bartenders, the waiters and even the cooks that will serve your meals outside by the pool, on your expansive veranda's, or in your unit. I stayed in the Pompano building on the third floor and the views were to die for. The north end of the island is undeveloped for the most part and you can explore the undeveloped beaches, the mangrove islands on the west coast or just to explore the jungle of the north end of the island. The units are very large and the nicest of any resort I have stayed in anywhere in the Caribbean. The fishing right off our dock was incredible. If you give this place a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robertabelson
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My girlfriend and I recently returned from a 10 trip to Ambergrise Caye (8 at Blue Reef and 2 days in Guatemala). I almost hate to post this review because I would like to Blue Reef to stay "undiscovered", but it deserves the recognition.

First, let me say you need to know what and where the resort is when you decide to come to BR. It is not a loud resort full of all sorts of activities designed to keep you on entertained all day. It is laid back, slow paced and an idealic island get away. It is not in the middle of San Pedro (it's not really anywhere near San Pedro really). It is remote, quiet and mentally rejuevenating. But a quick boat or water taxi ride make all the amenities of San Pedro readily available. The positive for us was the quiet and solitude. Plus the nearby jungle is always alive with the sounds of birds. Like all Central America locations, expect sand fleas and no see'ums. If you react to biting bugs, then wear Deet. If you don't want any bugs ever, then go further north into Mexico. I wore Deet and never experienced any problems.

The staff is beyond words, they are fantastic, friendly, helpful and always cheerful. Any and all activities that needed to be arranged were done with ease and without hassle through Miriam. BR is a small, intimate resort and the staff extends this experience by being available without smothering you.

We dove while at Blue Reef and they are able to recommend several dive shops based on where and when you would like to dive. We didn't have the best of luck with the Belize Academy of Diving (B.A.D.), but we did enjoy diving with Amigo Del Mar. There is also nice snorkeling about 200 yards in front of BR, which you can get to with the sea kayaks.

Although there is no restaurant, the food was always awesome...whether we ate beachside, at the bar or in our room. I got engaged at BR and the dinner and ambiance they created was incredible.

I do not have a complaint one. I was completely unplugged during our trip and I cannot begin to describe how relaxed this made us feel. Sit back, relax and enjoy some island time at Blue Reef.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank colo_diver
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I have been to Ambergris several times before and had always seen Blue Reef Island Resort from the water as I fished for bonefish right in front of the place. It always looked very appealing to me because it was on of the nicest looking places around, and being away from all the activity in San Pedro was a huge plus for us. It is always easy to get to if you want it, but if you don't, you are in the perfect spot. So I decided on my next trip to stay there, and boy were we not dissapointed. It was everything we thought it would be.
They picked us up at the airport and two minutes later we were at the dock and then on to a boat and on our way.Twenty minutes later we arrived to a rum punch awaiting us on the dock.
We stayed in the Pompano Building, which is the ocean front building, on the ground floor and it is only 20 feet away from the water. It faces the reef directly and has a great view from the porch.
Our trip consisted of fly fishing, snorkeling, scuba, and dining. All the arrangements were handeled by Miriam at Guest Sevices and she did a great job. All the trips were top notch.
Fly Fishing - they put me with a great guide who has fished the area for years. I caught a tarpon within 10 minutes of my guide stopping the boat. Bonefish are abundant and sucess is almost guaranteed. The same guides can convential fish for the same species as well if you are not a fly fisherman.
Snorkeling - You can use the resort's kayaks and go to several moorings right in front of the resort, which was great or they can set you up with someone to take you around to different local sites that are more famous, Mexico Rocks, Hoi Chan Park etc.
Scuba - they set me up with a scuba shop right down the beach who picked me up each morning we dove. They made it so easy it was effortless.
Dining - the food at the resort is wonderful. You can eat outdoors by the pool or they will set it up in our villa or on your porch. we ate out several times at resorts close by that have great restaurants or you can go to town to the variety of restaurants there. They made a dinner run every other night when we were there or if you want to go out when they are not, just take the water taxi, easy. They will also send you a grocery list prior to your stay and you can order drinks and food items if you do not want to order off the menu.
The service was great, everyone paid a lot of attention to make sure we had averything we needed at all times. From the bartenders to the boat captains everyone was nice and polite.
The resort has a great secluded feeling about it, the pool is georgeous, and the beach is just steps away. I enjoyed napping in the hammock right by the water while my wife enjoyed the shade under the palms by the pool.
We have been to Belize over six times and this was the most enjoyable place we have ever stayed. I will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tarponhunter
Reviewed 29 December 2010

All staff were very nice and helpful but the food was very expensive, limited and average at best. Bread or rolls were not served with entrees. Vegetables were a garnish. When they did cook for us we had to eat indoors because of the biting insects. Came here for the barrier reef and it was fabulous, no disappointment there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mobret
bluereefresort, Owner at La Beliza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

We sincerely regret our guest that do not enjoy our stay. We view the fact that we a 20 minute boat ride from the town away from the noise, dust and traffic as a positive to our Resort and not a negative. In addition, their is water taxi service available to our guests approximately every hour.

We also have full service dining and bar service at the Pool Patio Cafe or in our guest's room. We do not have a an indoor restaurant at this time.

Sand flees and mosquitoes come out around dusk for a few weeks after heavy rains. We spray twice daily for these pests and understand the inconvenience they cause.

The Blue Reef Island Resort Owners