My wife and I recently left Colorado and 15 degree weather and 5 inches of snow for Ambergris Caye. We had never been to Belize and after reading many reviews on TA and checking availability during Christmas, we chose the Palms Oceanfront Suites.
We stayed 10 days in unit # 12 ground level. We were a little concerned about security and having a view being on the ground floor.
How lucky we were, the palms has 24 hour security and Toby, Santiago and Roberto were always around throughout the day and night keeping an eye on everything.
The view was outstanding, every morning we had coffee on the veranda.
We met a nice couple and two great families which we shared the beach, lounge chairs, and patios at times.We have since become great friends and look forward to traveling with them in the future.
Now, about the Palms, first off there is no Bar or Restaurant. Whoever is staying here is the only people you see, no outside traffic, no strangers.
The front desk of Ana, Lina and Melinda are there for your every need. They made dinner reservations, found times for Christmas mass, arranged tours and a great fishing trip for us.
They even let me use their internet to print boarding passes and most of all were all so friendly they made us feel right at home.
They also provide bikes for us to tool around the island, towels every day, laundry service which we used for a small fee and bottled water.
Roberto became a dear friend, he picked us up at the airport in a golf cart and was always there for us if we needed anything.
We eached packed carry-on so 1/2 way through the trip we had the Palms do some laundry. We dropped tees, shorts and other off at 9:00 and when we returned at 2:30 all was done and in our room. This for only $ 20.00 USA (how nice and convienent). When we had housekeeping, Neila came in and took care of everything. The rooms were spotless, the dishes and towels were clean and the floor was sandless.The room was very comfortable with 2 T.V's, nice appliances, great furnishings especially a comfortable bed and good water pressure.
We really had a tough time leaving. After getting to know all the staff, we found they were like one big family. They had all been working there for 8 years or longer.They really loved where they worked and it showed.
We were there ten days and already miss all of them. We hope we can get back next year and stay with our new Belizian family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is ideally located on the beach a minutes walk south of San Pedro Town. The property features 12 oceanfront 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished suites and a poolside Casita. All the units are individually decorated, have a/c, full kitchens and have unmatched ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel San Pedro
- The Palms Oceanfront Suites Belize/San Pedro