We just got back from out stay at Palms Oceanfront Suites on Ambergris Caye. This was a very special trip because we reunited after being apart for several months.
I cannot even begin to explain how much I miss the Palms oceanfront suites. The staff is incredibly attentive, make sure to email them with any questions or suggestions and they will respond promptly. This hotel is very close to town, within walking distance, but far enough to avoid the noise... and every room besides the poolside casita is oceanfront!!!
All of the rooms have full kitchens with all the pots, pans, blender, microwave, utensils... we tried to make smoothies in the morning, but with so many fabulous restaurants around it was difficult! Our favourite meals were at Elvi's, and the best breakfast we had was at this little taco joint next to the French bakery where it was like 3 little tacos for 1 belize dollar/50 cents US. A place where the locals would go eat. We kept ordering more because they were so yummy! We didn't get sick at all from the food, and I normally have a very sensitive stomach!
The shopping is mediocre on the island.... if you need to buy gifts for ppl back home I suggest the "Kakaw" artisan chocolate bars. I bought six and ate 2 myself already.. should have bought more! Absolutely delicious. Also ask the guy at Greenhouse to pick you a pineapple that is ripe... I cannot tell you how much I miss the pineapple from Belize. The fruit here in Canada tastes sour and bland.
You can rent golf carts from the Palms for half day or full day if you decide to go explore the island. Also for 10 bucks a day you can get a hammock on your oceanfront balcony for the length of your stay.
The staff, Ana, Melinda, the Management - husband and wife, the Security guards, cleaning staff, are all really genuinely kind and helpful. Everyone works hard.. it was really reassuring to see the security keeping an eye out even in the middle of the night. We were thoroughly impressed. We were given a gorgeous 2 bedroom executive condo...If I had hundreds of thousands of dollars around I would buy a condo unit in a heartbeat!!! But for now our plan is to come back in July... and I guess that is the biggest compliment to the Palms, that the customers want to come back.
Thank you for everything, the property is managed perfectly.
- Miki and Andreas :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is ideally located on the beach a minutes walk south of San Pedro Town. The property features 12 oceanfront 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished suites and a poolside Casita. All the units are individually decorated, have a/c, full kitchens and have unmatched ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palms Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel San Pedro
- The Palms Oceanfront Suites Belize/San Pedro