You couldn't ask for a nicer condo complex! We checked in and they were getting ready to check us into a 1 bedrooms suite on the lower level. Since I had a baby, I had specifically requested and paid a higher fee for a 1 bedroom, second story condo. When I brought the mistake to the attention of the person who was checking us in, they moved us upstairs and upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite with no additional fee.
This is in such a great location being right next to a full resort is nice because you have easy access to their bar and restaurant which is really convenient. There's really no swimming beach to speak of due to the mangrove weeds in the water but it's still a nice spot to lounge on the sand or sit in the water to cool off.
The only negative I can speak of is the air conditioning units went out on our first day there (out of 6) which made the stay a bit unconfortable. We let the hotel know on our 5th day only to find out that they could not fix the problem and we were left our last 2 days without air conditioning. When we checked in they didn't really provide any how-to on using the air-conditioning units which would have been nice. We went 4 days thinking the second unit was broken when it was just a complex unit and we just needed a little instruction on one of the units; that was our fault for waiting for so long before calling somebody in to address it.
The other thing that needs a bit of improvement is the cleaning of the shower. I have a thing about mold in the shower; although glass-blocks are nice, they need constant cleaning which the condo's didn't provide so there was mold in the grout which really freaks me out when I'm showering.
Great pool area offers plenty of privacy and is beautiful.
Over all we had a nice experience and would like to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is ideally located on the beach a minutes walk south of San Pedro Town. The property features 12 oceanfront 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished suites and a poolside Casita. All the units are individually decorated, have a/c, full kitchens and have unmatched ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Palms Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel San Pedro
- The Palms Oceanfront Suites Belize/San Pedro