“great price, better location!”
Review of Conch Shell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Conch Shell Inn
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I had a great time during my stay at the Conch Shell. The location was a great central meeting point for everyone in my group and is right on the beach! As a Chiropractor, I really appreciated the Tempurpedic beds and always had a great nights sleep. The staff at the Conch Shell were awesome and also set me up with a great scuba diving adventure! I highly recommend the Conch Shell and can't wait to come back:) You can't beat the price for a clean hotel on the ocean in the heart of San Pedro!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig J

Reviewed 13 September 2011

This place gives you the perfect atmosphere to enjoy the relaxed attitude on this island. -Lay down with a book and a drink in the hammock on the balcony while looking at the sea. Awesome! The location and the outside area is what makes this place perfect. However even though the rooms are fine and clean the toilet might create some problems for the more shy couples. The toilets in the rooms are built with see-trough pricks and is not built all the way to the ceiling so if your stomach doesn't appreciate the belizean food you might have to ask your room mate to go outside while you use the facilities..;)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I returned to conch shell inn after many years and found pleasant changes. My children and I spent many wonderful summers and Easters at the Inn so we were happy to return. Well we found out it had new owners and there was no room at the inn for locals. Most locally run hotels have a 'Belizean rate' which this proprietor doesn't seem to care about and for the ridiculous rate there is no AC, the refrigerator doesn't close and the bathroom door doesn't close. Not to mention that even though there were work men making noise with the cement mixer, we were still charged full price. My other issue definitely has to include a questions: Does everyone that goes to Conch Shell Inn sign a form in case of hotel damages? Inquiry minds certainly hope this is not a form of discrimination. My daughters are well mannered and sophisticated enough to know how to behave since they don't live in the rain forest in Belize. Belizeans travel too and we don't expect anything for free but surely we can enjoy our country too without the competition of the obviously higher valued and more favored American dollar.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank J L
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Appreciated Conch Shell Guest,
When renovating the Conch Shell in 2008, our goal was to keep it affordable for tourists,
but most importantly for Belizeans to enjoy their holiday on the beach!
Please review our website as upper veranda is 84/night in low season, you were charged
60 for your one night stay, plus an additional 20 as there were 4 "adults" in your party,(10/pp)
our rates reflect double occupancy.

We appreciate your advice as the doorknob "tongue" was indeed stuck and the refrigerator
door did need to be adjusted and both are now is working order, thank you.
We have always offered locals a 20% discount and also a better rate when season allows.
It is standard practice to retain credit card information or take a deposit and we are sorry
as it was not our intent to have you feel any discrimenation during your one night stay.
FYI, we do offer AC.
Warm regards,
joan

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I booked several rooms here as part of a long weekend getaway for myself and a bunch of overworked (and enthusiastic!) archaeologists. Joan was amazing, considering I was coordinating 12 people in one place :p She was extremely helpful through the whole process, even recommending things to do and great restaurants in town. The accommodations themselves were wonderful, clean eco-friendly rooms, wonderful views, hammocks to relax in, beach chairs for lounging, etc. Our experience here was exceptional! The price cannot be beat for the quality of the rooms and outstanding service! I can bet that I will be staying there again on my next visit! Thank you, Conch Shell!!!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are worth the small price difference :)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Conch Shell two out of out four trips to Belize. It is by far our favorite place to stay. The owners and caretakers are lovely. The location in town is very convenient. I am simply waiting for cheap(er) flights and my next trip in on!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frogtown11
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We had reserved a room by credit card before our trip. They then emailed us that a big group was coming in so they were going to take our room, but would book us at Tio Pil's next door. Fine. But then on our trip in Mexico we got one of our passports stolen. We realized it would take us an extra day to get it replaced, so I tried to cancel our stay at the Conch Shell Inn (Tio Pil's) by email. They said they already paid Tio Pil's, so tough. Plus Tio Pil's was $10 cheaper so they owed us $10, but we'd either have to come get it or they would give it to me when they came to the U.S., minus $5 service charge. So needless to say, wouldn't book there again.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rktGator
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear "Didn't stay there but....,
When receiving an online reservation we take it upon ourselves to exceed our guests expectations, both in confirmation and overall experience.
We received your request online for a main floor room for 2 at 64.00US. You emailed you
wanted two rooms as your daughter was joining you, but our reservation system would not accept it, we informed you by email that it was because we were now full.
That same week we were also hosting a mission team, consisting of "students", under 18, who could not be separated from their chapparones for obvious reasons. Even though your reservation was "for just one night", and you desired another room next to yours,
our staff had the foresight to offer our group an extra room to spread out and yourselves a "quieter"
win/win option, if agreeable by you. You agreed and we confirmed/paid and negotiated a lower rate for the 3 of you next door, in one room also on the beach. You not only agreed but also thanked us for "taking care of you".
Upon receiving your email agreeing to the change for the one night, we personally paid to guarantee your room and offered a partial refund of 10US in cash, for negotiating on your behalf a lower rate, to be picked up at the office upon arrival as any refund on a credit card has a 5US bank charge, to this you also agreed and thanked us again. A day and a half prior to arrival, you emailed your passport misfortune and that you would not be arriving. You then emailed if you were unable to receive the entire amount paid for the one nights stay to "just forget it".
We are sincerely sorry for the "misplacement" or "loss" of your passport and the change in
your travel plans, your email said several days but we are happy to hear it was just one. Both the Conch Shell and the alternate hotel have the same cancellation policy, but...we also offered a complimentary stay anytime in the future for your personal misfortune.
Again, we hope you understand that our "additional" efforts put forth for your one night stay on the island were done for the sole purpose to "make our guests happy". As vacations are few and fleeting we are sorry for your untimely passport loss, you may wish to look into trip insurance for your future travels.
Warm regards,
Joan

Reviewed 7 June 2011

My partner and i booked 7 nights origionaly in April 2011 and ended staying for 2 weeks and going back on our return home for 4 days. Location, excellent for everywhere you need to go. Rooms and beds comfortable and very clean. Views, amazing! Joan the owner, lovely and accomodating and helpful. Elenor the lovley woman who looks afer every day running, cleaning, painting, oddjobs, laundery etc............... we can't praise her high enough! We had a ball and will be back again as soon as we can! I left my heart in San Pedro.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple