Very nice hotel. We liked the individual cabins (no shared walls!) and sitting area inside the cabins. It felt more homey, less like a hotel. Inside the cabins there are no full walls inside-there is a half wall separating the bedroom/living room, and a 3/4 wall separating the bathroom and the rest of the place (this means you hear everything throughout the room!). They get American TV, so you won't miss any shows if you don't want to :) There were a few ants, but you're in a tropical environment, it's expected. The place definitely isn't fancy, but it's comfortable. Bed was a little hard, and we found it hard to sleep in because of the sun coming in at 7am and no blackout shades. The room has a microwave, refrigerator, and separate sink for washing dishes. Having a refrigerator was great because we could store bevarages in it. Great staff. They helped us book multiple tours (if you book through an island company they will pick you up on the hotel dock-very convenient!). The lady at the pool bar is very friendly. We didn't have any issues with the pool, like some people had mentioned. You can't really swim on the beach because of the sea grass. The main downside to this place is it's over 2 miles to town. You will want to take a taxi which is $5 US each way, unless you have your luggage and then it's about $7.50. Or you can rent a golf cart (you'll notice a lot of people did this). As cheap as cabs are and as easy as they are to find, we didn't bother with the golf carts. There are some restaurants within walking distance. For lunch: Victoria's House (next door), El Divino (in the direction of town), and Ricos (in the direction of town). For dinner: all of the above plus Hidden Treasure(a little pricey, but favorite place near the hotel). I enjoyed Ricos the most for lunch. In town my favorite restaurant was Blue Water Grill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Caribbean Resort in Belize. Situated a mile south of San Pedro town on Ambergris Caye, we offer quaint rows of tropical cabanas, manicured grounds, large beachfront freshwater pool and a pristine secluded white sandy beach. Our unique Belize resort offers unobstructed views of the Barrier Reef which is less than one mile from our beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Caribbean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean Resort Belize/San Pedro