Royal Caribbean Resort
US$337
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$144
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$169
Hotels.com
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$224
  • Breakfast included
US$419
US$410
  • Pool
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$392
US$359
Caye Casa(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$156
Orbitz.com
The Phoenix Resort(San Pedro)
US$382
Official Site
All reviewsmicrowave and fridgescuba schoolgolf cartambergris cayeoutdoor bar restaurantin towndiving shopsea grassthe cottagesair conditioninglarge poolsitting areacable tvrent a bikeseparate bedroomprivate beachnice breeze
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here the last week of December for a few days. It's not a resort as the name would suggest, but we REALLY enjoyed the non-hotel feel. It's much more intimate. The small casita houses were just perfect. They are small, cozy, and far enough from downtown that the beach seemed to be there just for us. If you like the resort feel this is not it. If want something different this is perfect.

Room Tip: There are only 3 casitas facing the beach, try to get one of those if possible, if not get a casita anyway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheBennetts_12
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I had such a wonderful time at RCR the 9/4-9/7/11. The casita was very cute and comfortable. Since it is the low season, there were only a few guests staying there, and I felt as though I had the resort all to myself. The pool was great-very clean, and the beach was amazing. Almira and Gilbert were very helpful and friendly. I rented a bike from the resort and rode into town, which is about a 2 mile ride, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Bye the end of my stay in San Pedro, I probably met half of the town people who were very friendly.

Although there are very high end hotels in San Pedro, the casitas at RCR were perfect for me, and a great price compared to many of the other resorts on the island. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I will definitely stay there when I return in a few months. Bye the way, thank you for showing me how to open a coconut Almira, and thank you Gilbert for assisting me in how to get to the island from BZE, and all the helpful suggestions once I arrived. You guys rock-and remember, I gotta stay in #15 AGAIN!lol If you're looking for a very private, economical, clean and comfy place RCR is your best bet.

Room Tip: There are no phones in the room, and the office closes around 7p.m. which can feel very frightening, but, security is there, and it's safe.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kacyle
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Royal Caribbean Resort made my nieces Spring Break and wonderful experience. From the moment we booked the property, the staff could not have been more helpful with information on both the island. The front desk staff provided guidance and coordination for flights from Belize City to San Pedro and also arranged for a Golf Cart to be available on-site when we arrived. Upon arrival we were placed in an upgraded casista with an extra bed and were just 3 steps from the beach and a short walk to the pool. The casista was cleaned well daily and provided plenty of amenities. The casita format worked perfectly with a 15 year old that likes to be super relaxed on holiday. The beach was well kept and inviting. The pool was also wonderful and is reportedly the largest fresh water pool on the island. There is also a small bar on property where they staffed it as requested if we planned to be on-site. The drinks were wonderful and they even made a special "virgin" concotion for my niece that was delightful. The staff was brilliantly attentive and accommodating. We loved having a kitchenette to stock up on items to have on hand. There are plenty of grocery options nearby and a few dining options within walking distance if you don't get a gold cart, though that is highly recommended as you are a few miles from San Pedro town. We had a blast driving around the island on our cart and visiting differnent restaraunts for lunch or dinner. OUr favorites were Elvies, Fidos and Hidden Treasure. The RCR staff also arranged for tours. We were picked up at the pier on property and returned there as well making it extremely convenient. The Hol Chan/Shark Ray excursion is a must! We loved everything about our stay at RCR and Ambergris Caye and hope to return soon. I would recemmend this property to anyone that likes to get away from it all. If you are high-maintenance and need all the bells and whistles of a full-service property you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank candaceaweir
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My husband and I along with another couple, actually stayed at RCR the same week as the last poster, and also had a great time. I really loved that the hotel was able to organize all of our excursions and arranged for the tour companies to pick us up and drop us off right at the hotel's dock at no extra charge -- very convenient. The hotel is located right on the beach, in a semi-secluded area a bit outside of town. I found the location ideal. We had easy access to all the action in town, but were able to retire to our quiet resort whenever we wanted to. We also rented bikes from the hotel, and while not exactly top-notch (they were similar to what all the locals were riding), we were able to use them to ride to and from the hotel every day, making the its roughly 1.5 - 2.5 mile distance from San Pedro a non-issue. In my opinion, the short distance actually provided a better opportunity to mingle with the locals, and learn more about Belizean culture. The rooms were simple, but beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked well and the mini-kitchenette area allowed us to buy fruit and local snacks at stands throughout the week, to prepare for breakfast. The hotel's pool and adjacent bar were fantastic. The pool was always clean and the water was never too cold or too warm. The bartender, Marva, was a pleasure, and gave us some awesome dining recommendations. RCR recently built an artificial reef about 50 feet off the hotel's dock, which was great for leisurely snorkeling. My husband and I had never been snorkeling before this trip, so the hotel's little reef allowed us to get some practice in before we went on our excursions -- we saw tons of little fish. This resort is definitely a great home base for a semi-active vacation, and is ideal for anyone who likes to walk, bike, snorkel, dive, etc. Thanks to Almira, Gilbert and Marva, for being so helpful throughout our trip!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shayneaja
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Having read earlier reviews, we were pleasantly surprised by Royal Caribbean Resort (RCR). From the moment we walked through the office doors, we were warmly greeted and taken care of. Each guest/family has a separate one bedroom beach house with privacy but also interaction with other guests. We met some of the nicest people during our stay. Everyone was friendly and kind, gave great advice. We loved the open area around the pool and our son's favorite--tether ball was set up and was a daily ritual. Another plus was The Blue Heron Bar, really a gem. It is really surprising that more people do not wander off the beach to the warmth of Ms. Mauva.

It also was the perfect spot as our launch for scuba diving everyday. The local dive companies (we used Ramon's Village and loved them!!!!) pick you up from the hotel dock and take you to the dive shop, a huge plus, then after diving, we were dropped off right at the same dock and could relax at RCR or walk along the beach into town. We also rented bicycles that were available there, and while they are not road bikes (why would you ride one on a stone/cement/sand road?), the bikes served our needs. There is wi-fi at the office and surrounding porch. I would love to see wi-fi at the pool/Blue Heron Bar, too.

Overall, it was a great place that was perfect for our family scuba diving vacation. If you are into walking, hiking, biking, snorkling or diving, this is definitely the place for you!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family