Firstly, I am not giving the resort 5 stars because I am not sure if the issues I am going to write about have anything to do with it being "off season." The customer service,cabanas and the pool were the best thing about the resort. The beach was never cleaned of sea grass or the Man-of-Wars that washed up along the beach. The street side is nothing to see even though when the trees grow taller, the park area will be beautiful and hide the view of the water tower and commercial buildings in plain view. The poolside bar was closed and I was looking forward to that, and there were men constantly painting, building structures and cleaning. Again I realize this is off season and can only compare this resort to one of the higher end ones I stayed at before. We pretty much paid for a cabana and a pool, so it will depend on what you expect while on vacation.
Good Stuff: The pool is large, crystal clear and my Hubby and I had it to ourselves. The little "lagoon" on the far end of the beach has little tropical fish and thousands of hermit crabs to marvel at. The air conditioning in the cabanas will freeze you to death-in a good way and there is plenty of hot water for the showers. Only issue is the ceiling for the bathroom does not go to the top so anyone in the cabana can hear your business. Bring a few safety pins for the curtains because they are usually clipped to the side-if you want some privacy. All-in-all it was a great stay because I love San Pedro. If you want quiet, secluded simplicity this is your place. It would have been even better with that beach side bar ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Caribbean Resort in Belize. Situated a mile south of San Pedro town on Ambergris Caye, we offer quaint rows of tropical cabanas, manicured grounds, large beachfront freshwater pool and a pristine secluded white sandy beach. Our unique Belize resort offers unobstructed views of the Barrier Reef which is less than one mile from our beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Caribbean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean Resort Belize/San Pedro