We visited the island with a group of about 20 or so people from the norhteastern US during what was probably one of the coldest weeks back north. I just can't describe how surprised I was about how nice this place was in relation to where we have stayed in the past (at other locations in the Caribbean) and how great a time we all had.
The location is not an issue as being a short distance from town was nice in that it was very quiet - even though we generally were not. The accomodations were perfect - the right amount of space - the cleanliness and comfort was not an issue even though past vacations were spent in luxurious villas. I sort of liked the cabanas better.
The staff was very friendly and willing to help in every need - even though it usually centered around storing the numerous cases of beer and obtaining the daily ration of ice for the cooler (also provided by the staff).
The town of San Pedro is a real treat - small enough to get around without having any maps and close enough that a short trip on the carts was not an issue. The bars and restaurants were really nice - good food, good prices and nice people. The Sandbar - adjacent to the resort was one of the better places to eat and I had my best meals there - good value too.
All in all, I was extremely surprised by how much I really enjoyed the resort and the location - I had expected some disappointments based on our previous vacations being at very exclusive villas - but I found this the most enjoyable vacation spot we have been to. And, we are definately coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Caribbean Resort in Belize. Situated a mile south of San Pedro town on Ambergris Caye, we offer quaint rows of tropical cabanas, manicured grounds, large beachfront freshwater pool and a pristine secluded white sandy beach. Our unique Belize resort offers unobstructed views of the Barrier Reef which is less than one mile from our beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Caribbean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean Resort Belize/San Pedro