With all the hotels to choose from on Ambergris Caye, do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel at all costs. My husband and I went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and on each and every day experienced enormous frustration at the Royal Caribbean. We thought that it looked like a cute little no-frills place to stay (my husband and I are both experienced world travelers and look for good value, low cost accommodation so we can spend our money on great food and adventures). Well, in my younger days, I've stayed in youth hostels that provide 10x the service as RCR. This was our first trip to Belize, and we felt like we were constantly being fleeced by the dishonesty and negligence of the staff (and owner) or this hotel -- whilst there, a tropical storm came through and while I could go into 1000 words of explicit detail, suffice it to say that the hotel left us on our own, with no direction. We finally found a concrete hotel (Coconut Beach) to move into for the night, and when we arrived, discovered after speaking with many other travelers who had come there for the evening from other (non-hurricane equipped hotels), that ALL of their hotels had found them the replacement hotel, had comped them on the alternative accommodations, and provided them free shuttle service to the new hotel. RCR on the other hand, waited so late to start making arrangements for us, that we barely got the last room at Coconut Beach, RCR had no intention of paying for our night there, AND to top it off, the front desk manager's boyfriend took us and another couple to CB, which was about 100 meters up the road, and promptly demanded $20 US DOLLARS for the ride, refusing to leave until we gave it to him. This is just an example of how poorly run this hotel is, and how little they value their customers. (I have so many more examples (eg broken bathroom doors, non-working electronics, spotty restaurant service, etc but am running out room... ) We weren't looking for concierge service, just a reliable resource and decent service. We received neither, and my frustration and anger with the hotel (on a daily basis, there was something that went wrong...) almost ruined our trip. We will go back to Belize, but next time will absolutely stay at Coconut Beach. The staff there were incredibly nice, honest and the accommodations were just as good if not better than RCR for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Caribbean Resort in Belize. Situated a mile south of San Pedro town on Ambergris Caye, we offer quaint rows of tropical cabanas, manicured grounds, large beachfront freshwater pool and a pristine secluded white sandy beach. Our unique Belize resort offers unobstructed views of the Barrier Reef which is less than one mile from our beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Caribbean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean San Pedro
- Royal Caribbean Resort Belize/San Pedro