“Thai food this good in San Pedro??”
Review of Tastes of Thailand

Tastes of Thailand
Ranked #58 of 239 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are open Tues to Sat.
Reviewed 29 July 2018

This is a family owned restaurant, and after eating lobster and snapper day after day, we needed a different flavor. And MAN, was it good! We had a #3 appetizer of shrimp skewers with peanut and a sweet chili sauce. The shrimp were cooked perfectly! Then we moved onto their chicken curry. I am a total baby when it comes to spicy food, so we ordered the medium, but beware, even that was pretty spice even for my wife who loves spice! But it was right on the edge for me, and I couldn't stop eating it. The family who runs it is wonderful, and the food reflects their love of their restaurant. And it's a great deviation from grilled fish which is abundant all over the place in San Pedro. We were blown away that we could eat such delicious local food from Thailand half way across the world from that country!

Date of visit: July 2018
Thipaya J, Owner at Tastes of Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hello dsawtraveler
First of all we would like to apologize for take us so long to reply, because after your great review, Tastes Of Thailand busy for 2 weeks. Thanks for your visit and enjoy our meals we're still have more virity of Thai food to tastes on San Pedro, Belize at the Thai restaurant.
Most of my experience cooks were start since I'm young, work in my father restaurant along the beach in Thailand also school class room.
Then volunteer to cook do food create for party group most time by become a chef in Pub and restaurant as well as organize house or ballroom party in England for many year cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had remember your because my son told me you were cry while eat drink lots of water but couldn't stop eating we were blown to both of you, many thanks again and hope to see you more !!!
kind regard
Thipays & Sons

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Stopped in the last night of our honeymoon and so happy we did. The service and food were amazing! Plan ahead if you are in the mood for some Thai, as they are only open a few hours a day. We were there on a Tuesday evening and had the place to ourselves! Just 2 of us-ordered an appetizer and the Pad Thai entree. So much food, we had leftovers! After our dinner the owner sent us over dessert!! Delicious.

Date of visit: May 2018
Thipaya J, Owner at Tastes of Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Hello Becca_Rod
Happy Honeymoon we so happy with you thanks for visit Tastes of Thailand, as always speacial treat on quiet night.
We apprecate your commemt ''amazing'' and five start reward form you, then busy the week after.
My huband and our son remember both of you very well, hope you had lovely time on San Pedro, Belize.
Thanks again
Thipaya & John

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were a bit wary of Thai cuisine since we are in Belize. We were greeted by the friendly chef and owner. The food is fresh, well presented and tasty. We asked for medium spice level, probably should have asked for spicy. The hot sauce helped kick up the flavors and we enjoyed a good meal of samosas, pad Thai, curry, and veggies with beef. Every dish was well presented and tasty.

Date of visit: April 2018
Thipaya J, Owner at Tastes of Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Hello mokrmo
Apolgize it take us so long to respones little busy after that week, would like to say thanks for visit and lovely review from your family.
Quite please your enjoy our meal but sorry about the spice lavel, we have to be very careful don't want to see customer cry while eating.
Sucjection ask for Thai style spice lavel next, you will get it ... perhape carry hangership and has a big bugket of water in front of you.
Thank you to come by this time and hope to see you if you visit Balize again.
kind regard
John and Thippy

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Tastes of Thailand offers delicious authentic Thai dinners artistically presented and hospitably served by the owners. We have a reunion there with family and friends every year when we visit Ambergris. The picture does not do justice to the exterior and the interior of Tastes of Thailand. John and Thipaya have made this restaurant a destination of choice.

Date of visit: January 2018
Thipaya J, Owner at Tastes of Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello alswell1
We would like to see you again and again infinity all year round .................. next time action will speak louder more than word !!!
You would like some Thai meals give me an order ....... Wright ........... I will cooks !!!
You would like some drink ........ Wright .......... John will provide !!!
My son will make you fill comfortable in the Thai restaurant ............. As a manager !!!
Thank you for your supper amazing and fantastic review also lots of lovely star.
Enjoy what ever you do and where ever you are every time, every day, wish luck .... OH Happy Easter !!!
John and Thipaya

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Sevice was excellent. It is a family affair. The waiter was the husband of the chef. The food was excellent. You can order the degree of heat you can take. Presentation was beautiful. We had, various dishes, of lobster, pork, rice. Desserts are limited.

Date of visit: October 2017

Hello Caryn H
We are welcome for your visit to our Thai restaurant and glad to give you our excellent food and excellent service.
It's could be 16 of February, I had cook lobster since, so looking forward to lobster season start again soon, will make it mild this time.
Apologize for small collection of dessert, cause so many shop on San Pedro sell ice cream or dessert, most time I had ate all my dessert. ( You should see me on diet all time .... LOL)
Thank you for lovely review and star, hope you enjoy holiday and see you next visit on Ambergris Caye.
John & Thipaya